Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Philippines Working Holiday Visa, What will i need?

Angry Philippines Working Holiday Visa, What will i need?

Hi there.

I am asking a few questions about Philippine Working Holiday Visa

So in total the amount needed $4200, I have heard people go on and on about needing atleast 2-3 times that amount to even get accepted and it really is starting to **** Me off. So lets convert $4200NZD into Philippine Piso it Rounds roughly to 150,000php For this. Do you need "150,000php" in your bank account when you apply7 and they ask Bank Statements and that or will you need More than that amount.

Now Flight tickets. Lets say you will need $1200NZD or something for a one way ticket to New Zealand. Will you need that in your Bank Statement when you give evidence that they ask for (Before granted visa) such as above ($5400) Instead to prove. I noticed the Visa can be enabled soon as you fly in to New Zealand and have 12 months to do so to activate it for 12months unless you are already in the country where it would be Activated straight away. So would you just need enough to apply for the Visa and to then fly into the country upon arrival?

Another thing I've heard from someone is that the more money you have (They think around 10,000-30,000NZD) the more likely you will be accepted as you can show you have enough to stay for a while (I call shit)

What i presume is this would be done the same way as normal Visas are Done, So seeing as you apply online people will rush to do so, If someone applied first and another second etc etc, It would go in Order according to that. These would be the way the Que would run form the order of which people applied. The if someone from the first 100 weren't accepted, the 101st person would then Be assigned to a Officer to be processed and see if they meet Requirements and such, If not approved it would then move on to the 102nd person to apply and so on.

Also... Can someone be Sponsored in terms of the Working Holiday Visa, Would that give possible more of a Thumbs up. And what is more likely to get you Denied than Accepted.

So i guess those are my Questions as Above. There is without a doubt after some responses i may still have some More. However thank you for trying to help and that, These people who really think these just make me Fume...
    Last edited by JailynAndBrian; 18th September 2016 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Add another Question

No, its not a points based system. If you can demonstrate you meet the requirements , and there are places available at the time you apply and at the time the application is decided, then a visa will be granted. Don't try to negoiate the requirements, they have to be met in full, and with clear and verifiable evidence that you do. Note also the general requirements, as below:

WI2.1.1 General conditions
    The objective of working holiday schemes is to allow young citizens of approved countries, whose primary intention is to holiday in New Zealand, to undertake employment and study during their stay in accordance with their scheme.
    To be eligible for a work visa under these schemes, applicants, in addition to meeting the requirements of the particular scheme they are applying under, must:
    hold a valid passport from the country whose scheme they are applying under; and
    be aged no less than 18 years of age and no more than 30 years of age, unless their scheme allows a different age limit; and
    not be accompanied by children; and
    meet onward travel requirements (see W2.20); and
    submit an application in the prescribed manner (see E4.50); and
    pay the appropriate fee and immigration levy (if any); and
    meet health and character requirements as set out at A4 and A5; and
    be the holder of a valid temporary visa if applying from within New Zealand; and
    not previously have been approved a visa under a working holiday scheme, except where their scheme allows a second application (see WI2.20(e) and WI2.160(f))
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 18th September 2016 at 03:32 PM.

So If not Mistaken all you really need is $4200 (Their Requirement is that) whilst applying for the Visa and arriving, Upon arrival you would need that as well and proof for onward travel to leave the country when you do leave. However you do not need to prove funds to arrive to the Country. You will need to meet all other Requirements at the Bare minimum. If you meet all requirements you should be granted a Visa with no problem? Regardless if someone who comes after you would have Higher evidence in Language funds etc etc, (Confirming sorry) So all should be good then.

Thank you for the quick Response Chris

Also, If anyone possibly knows what the Immigration Office might ask in terms of when the respond after lodging Application can i please know (Documents, Past Jobs, Funds etc etc) ? As i see its better to know now rather than getting a short time period with a Dead line when it comes to finally applying. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JailynAndBrian View Post
    So If not Mistaken all you really need is $4200 (Their Requirement is that) whilst applying for the Visa and arriving, Upon arrival you would need that as well and proof for onward travel to leave the country when you do leave. However you do not need to prove funds to arrive to the Country. You will need to meet all other Requirements at the Bare minimum. If you meet all requirements you should be granted a Visa with no problem? Regardless if someone who comes after you would have Higher evidence in Language funds etc etc, (Confirming sorry) So all should be good then.

Thank you for the quick Response Chris
    No its not a competative system, but rather pass or fail in meeting the requirements. The $4200 must be available at the time you arrive in NZ. The instructions in relation to out ward travel (below) say "may be required"

W2.20 Onward travel requirements

See also Immigration Act 2009 ss 48, 55
    See also Immigration (Visa, Entry Permission, and Related Matters) Regulations 2010 reg 10, 11, 12, schedule 1
    Applicants for work visas may be required to show evidence of the travel arrangements made to leave New Zealand at the end of their stay, such as:
    actual travel tickets (confirmed or open-dated) out of New Zealand to a destination to which the applicant has right of entry; or
    written confirmation from an airline or travel agency that onward travel has been booked and paid for; or
    sponsorship; or
    a written guarantee of repatriation from the New Zealand employer.

Again you need to demonstrate you meet the requirements, including,:

have a tertiary qualification granted in respect of a minimum of three years' full-time university study; and
    have a level of proficiency in English that is assessed as at least functional (see WI2.122.1)

and

WI2.122.1 Proficiency in English
    For the purpose of these instructions an applicant's proficiency in English is deemed to be at least functional if:

they provide evidence that their tertiary qualification was gained from an institution where all tuition was in English; or
    they can produce a certificate from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an average level of 4.5 over the four components of the test.
    Note: The IELTS certificate must be no more than two years old at the time the application is lodged.

I note also that applications for a PIP WHV don't open till 5 February 2017

Yes, 5th Feb at 10am NZT, Though i am someone with Paranoia leaving something to so late so just trying to know what i can as early as possible

Ah, Also another Question if you don't Mind, What about the Medical Insurance Requirement

"Medical insurance

You must maintain your medical insurance while in New Zealand.

We may ask to see evidence you’re insured when you arrive in New Zealand."

Will inbound health insurance cover this if it Covers anything Medical that happens to you whilst in New Zealand or Dental? Or will i need to to Purchase "Health Insurance"

Any standard travel insurance will normally include medical and hospital cover.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 19th September 2016 at 01:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast