Thread: Skilled Migration Visa - Proof of Funds

Default Skilled Migration Visa - Proof of Funds

Hi,

We received our invitation to apply for the SMC Visa last week. I read somewhere that during the application process we might be asked of proof of available funds.

Could anyone kindly provide some insight as to which stage of the application they need this information and what the possible amount is, one must have available, so that we can plan our finances accordingly.

Besides cash, do they also consider assets which still needs to be sold (House, Cars etc)?

Regards,

Marnus.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnusw View Post
    Hi,

We received our invitation to apply for the SMC Visa last week. I read somewhere that during the application process we might be asked of proof of available funds.

Could anyone kindly provide some insight as to which stage of the application they need this information and what the possible amount is, one must have available, so that we can plan our finances accordingly.

Besides cash, do they also consider assets which still needs to be sold (House, Cars etc)?

Regards,

Marnus.
    Hi Marnusw,

I just got my SMC Visa approved and I was not asked for any proof of funds throughout my application process.

Only during interview, they asked me how am I going to survive those time while finding a job. I just updated them verbally on what I have and that's it.

Yet again this is just my case. Other members could help you out if they came across similar situation.

Thanks,
    Aravind

Thanks for the response Aravind