Thread: Partnership Visa Advice?

Question Partnership Visa Advice?

Hi There!

So I am planning to move in a while to my Partner in the Philippines very soon and stay together for a year on Visitor Visa (Extensions) and going over with Funds. Marriage at this Moment is a Very big possibility when i get over there and i have Read quite a bit on these Forums about Relationship Visas needing Photos and all that, We've been together a couple of years now and have supported Financially. We do not have a shared Bank Account however she does have a card linked to my account that i will transfer money too when she Needs it so in my bank statement it usually has Where it was Withdrawn and amount, Place etc etc, would that do for possible financially supported? My Family has Meet and so has Her's, They are Full aware of our Relationship as well our Friends. We've managed to see each other Twice in Philippines and New Zealand. So I've really had enough of these Good Byes in our Relationship at the end of our Stays in each others Countries and really do Hope to close them down. I want to go over there and actually manage to stay together this time and bring her back here. Now i dont need any help on the Philippine side of things as said in the Title... This is about the Relationship side of things for the Visa.

1. Fund Requirements? Will i need to show that i can Indeed support her over here and such? Will i need a Minimum amount of money? A house i own? Or maybe renting a house? (I live with my family...)

2. What would the Minimum amount of time usually be that the Relationship has to be before you can apply?

3. I plan on possibly applying after 3 months living together (Is this possible without being denied?)

4. Would having a De Facto Relationship affect it? I do plan on Marrying in the Philippines where they comply with Laws such as no Divorce and that, I do intend to marry over there but could be in a De Facto relationship when i apply affect this Process?

Just wondering thanks as can usually get straighter answers from people themselves than immigration website.

See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...HL&applying=no for the criteria for your partner to apply for the Partner of a New Zealand citizen temporary work visa.

1. No.

2. This isn't mentioned anywhere, but we know from experience that INZ take such applications seriously with two to three months' evidence of partnership, which, for them, is living together. (See the 'Evidence' tab at the right on that link by that criterion. Also, see old threads here for discussion and more suggestions about evidence. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof)

3. In theory, yes, if you provide the right sort of evidence.

4. Marriage is just one POSSIBLE piece of evidence of partnership, and is not essential for obtaining a visa under the partner-sponsored family stream.

Notice, she will be the one applying - you will be supporting the application.

Hi there Jand!

Sorry i kind of Didn't make it clear in the Original Text, But i meant Residence.

Thank you

Most people go for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa first, which gives the partner the right to live in NZ for a year, which means they then have the chance to collect at leisure the 12 months' evidence needed for partner-sponsored residence.

Okay so Bare Minimum for me then would possibly be 3 months, So would stay over there for 3 months rent an apartment with both names on the lease and apply at the end of 3 months at Cebu INZ Visa Office and hopefully accepted, Now i have read they will often request your Phones to read through your messages and that, We do not text each other due to the cost of International texts for them to send over seas/The pay so we usually stick to facebook and skype, Though i will often text and call her if need be Worried etc etc, So we do have around 200 thousand messages sent to each other through facebook (Spread through 2 FB accounts hers and i only have access to them for they are saved on my acct) We have got Photos together with her Friends and Family whilst i went Visit her and some of her Texts on my phone of which she needed use to send messages to family, I intend to keep these messages incase they can help in anyway, So her Family knows me well as my own father (So they can get to meet each other and give blessing, It is their Tradition over there for a relationship) and also consider on using this to get Letters typed out stating our Family have met and the type of relationship we are in based on their own Opinions, We will also provide evidence and such like the Plane tickets when i first went Visit her and Tickets we also Brought to travel to a few places together when we first met, We have proof of Accommodation together too... Now like the money... i said the first time though, I do have Receipts from Western Union that i had Gotten a family member to send as i could not do it at the current time, Can i use these Provided i also get the money shown on my own bank statement of the Total that was Used to send over? And can any of these applications be affected Age wise? Just asking thanks

All the things you mention sound like useful and usable evidence. And no, there is no mention of age in any of the partnership regulations.

Sorry to be a Hassle.

Just uhm One More, Being Pregnant or Already have a Child (Current Possibility By the time we apply) Can this affect the Application? The Child would be of a New Zealand Citizen Otherwise Pregnant too would it Affect the Application Process, I know they might want to make you to Prove more funds for maternity care when in new zealand (Even though Children of New Zealand Parents being born in New Zealand is Covered for by government) But if these Can Affect? If Either already have a child or in the early stages of Pregnancy?

Sorry for the Question but we do have Future Plans for children and wish to know if this can affect the Application and should wait till i get my partner here instead.

And What is the Bare Minimum they could happen to Offer for the Partnership working visa? I think i have Read somewhere you could be granted less than a year? So that could possibly affect us from applying for Residency Visa even though we could apply for another Extension...

Thank you I hope I'm not causing any Hassle.
    Last edited by RougeKiwi; 26th September 2016 at 12:12 AM.

Pregnancy is not regarded as being ill-health for the purposes of NZ immigration medicals. Provided the woman is healthy in other respects, pregnancy will not stop acceptable standard of health being declared.

If your partner is in NZ by the time of the birth of any child of yours, care for herself during the pregnancy and over the time of birth will not be charged to you. The child to come will be eligible to use the NZ health service, as the child of a resident, and as a NZ citizen in his/her own right. S/He would also be eligible once sponsored to join you as a resident (dependent child) if born abroad.

Have you thought, when considering the timing of a pregnancy, that if there is any delay with processing visas, you could get into a time when you NEED to get back to NZ, but your partner has not yet been granted a visa to go with you? Also, in the later stages of pregnancy, airlines will not accept a pregnant woman as a passenger (the timing varies, so check with individual airlines). Do you want to risk your partner having to cope with pregnancy and birth, possibly separated from you?

Length of time for a partner-sponsored work visa - this is not set. If the couple have been living together for at least a year, up to 2 years can be granted, otherwise, up to one year. But it's discretionary, and depends on the couple's individual circumstances (so not predictable). https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders The better the evidence given, the more chance of a longer term on the visa.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If your partner is in NZ by the time of the birth of any child of yours, care for herself during the pregnancy and over the time of birth will not be charged to you. The child to come will be eligible to use the NZ health service, as the child of a resident, and as a NZ citizen in his/her own right. S/He would also be eligible once sponsored to join you as a resident (dependent child) if born abroad.

Have you thought, when considering the timing of a pregnancy, that if there is any delay with processing visas, you could get into a time when you NEED to get back to NZ, but your partner has not yet been granted a visa to go with you? Also, in the later stages of pregnancy, airlines will not accept a pregnant woman as a passenger (the timing varies, so check with individual airlines). Do you want to risk your partner having to cope with pregnancy and birth, possibly separated from you?
    Yes I've thought on this just for when we do however see each other again and if falls Pregnant before we depart to New Zealand to anything as Such, And I Assure you i would never let my partner go through Birth or pregnancy without myself Physically there there to support, Just confirming though thank you