Thread: Jsv job offer strange experience

Default Jsv job offer strange experience

Hi JandM/ChrisMwn
    Wants your special comments.
    I have got the job offer after five and half months of my deferral period of JSV, so I signed the contract and submitted the all documents to nearest branch of INZ and started the work in company, mean while I waiting for my file process to get the residence visa with condition of 49(1).
    My file started processing after fifteen days from the day I had submitted papers,my CO sent all questionnaire to my employer and asking for financial statement of company for last year. My employer submitted all papers after ten days. Further my CO asked to me for bank statement and payslips of four weeks and to my employer wages and time sheet, we submitted all papers in a week.
    Now story take twist, after two weeks I nothing heard from INZ I emailed my CO about my file status, CO answered me next day that they are still doing verification. After next day CO further emailed me about my employer getting improvement notice under section 223 D of the employment relations act 2000 from labour officer and informed me your employer does not appear to be compliant with SM7.20(a) and (b) and it may affect the outcome of your application,we are bringing them to your attention out of fairness to you and you may provide further information by 15th September. I really shocked and asked my employer about this notice he agreed and told me notice was issued one month ago (audit was done in March 16 and notice was issued in August 16) and we are working on it,we will directly send to your CO about our compliance and he did.After two days CO further asked to my employer about all work orders held by company and it was also sent by employer one week ago and still waiting...
    One more thing Labour officer still not satisfied with my employer compliance and yesterday they met in there office and gave my employer to fulfill compliance with in two weeks as per NZ employment law.

JandM and ChrisMwn I want to know about following things.
    1.What is the worst scenario of my outcome? nine weeks (70 days) completed in this job and still working.
    2.Improvement notice was issued to employer after one month of joining the job what impact to my case?
    3.I have only one month left for JSV can I get further extension to search new employment if INZ not validate this job?
    4.As per contract I have to give four weeks notice to left the job to my employer if I have secured new job?

Thanks in advance

Sam

I am so sorry to hear that you are having this unpleasant experience.

I'll leave it to Chris to answer you. It's beyond my knowledge.

I have no specific knowledge of ERA, but clearly the employer is on Labour dept's radar as not being a "good employer" If INZ are not satisfied that the employer is a "good employer" then application will fail, as per instructions quoted. looking for another job is a good idea, and if a new job offer comes in and its skilled that can be used in the current SMC application. You may be able to convince INZ to issue a further post study visa, if you can convince INZ that your employer is taking steps to comply with the improvement notice.

Quote Originally Posted by nitsam View Post
    Hi JandM/ChrisMwn
    Wants your special comments.
    I have got the job offer after five and half months of my deferral period of JSV, so I signed the contract and submitted the all documents to nearest branch of INZ and started the work in company, mean while I waiting for my file process to get the residence visa with condition of 49(1).
    My file started processing after fifteen days from the day I had submitted papers,my CO sent all questionnaire to my employer and asking for financial statement of company for last year. My employer submitted all papers after ten days. Further my CO asked to me for bank statement and payslips of four weeks and to my employer wages and time sheet, we submitted all papers in a week.
    Now story take twist, after two weeks I nothing heard from INZ I emailed my CO about my file status, CO answered me next day that they are still doing verification. After next day CO further emailed me about my employer getting improvement notice under section 223 D of the employment relations act 2000 from labour officer and informed me your employer does not appear to be compliant with SM7.20(a) and (b) and it may affect the outcome of your application,we are bringing them to your attention out of fairness to you and you may provide further information by 15th September. I really shocked and asked my employer about this notice he agreed and told me notice was issued one month ago (audit was done in March 16 and notice was issued in August 16) and we are working on it,we will directly send to your CO about our compliance and he did.After two days CO further asked to my employer about all work orders held by company and it was also sent by employer one week ago and still waiting...
    One more thing Labour officer still not satisfied with my employer compliance and yesterday they met in there office and gave my employer to fulfill compliance with in two weeks as per NZ employment law.

JandM and ChrisMwn I want to know about following things.
    1.What is the worst scenario of my outcome? nine weeks (70 days) completed in this job and still working.
    2.Improvement notice was issued to employer after one month of joining the job what impact to my case?
    3.I have only one month left for JSV can I get further extension to search new employment if INZ not validate this job?
    4.As per contract I have to give four weeks notice to left the job to my employer if I have secured new job?

Thanks in advance

Sam
    Hi Nitsam,

Any update?