Thread: sKILLed migrant visa,, need advice pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Default sKILLed migrant visa,, need advice pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I came here in new Zealand on student visa on 2013.. and I am working as an Aluminium Fabricator Trainee from last 2 years(Part time). Currently I am on open search visa and also started apprenticeship of ALuminium Fabricator from BCITO. I am really very confused because as I check on Short skill list checker it comes up Sheetmetal Trades Worker(Aluminium Fabricator Apprentice) but it doesn't shows up any duties of aluminium fabricator which i do just shows up about sheetmetal tradesworker... I am worried that Aluminum Fabricator Apprentice is in short skill list or not??? My employer is supporting me but really confused whether I am eligible for skilled migrant work visa??
    please advice

When you think about matching up your job description with the ANZSCO one, I understand it doesn't work if you look for exactly the same wording. But if you think of each line of the ANZSCO list, alongside what you have to do in your job, is there something you do that can be described in that way (apart from selecting metal, since obviously yours will always be aluminium - but even then, I expect it comes in different sizes and types, doesn't it?)

yes it comes with different sizes nd types. bt i cant find aluminium written anywhere except in short skill list checker,,,,,not even on ANZSCO

No, but aluminium IS a metal, so the reference to metal workers means you, too.

If you are working as an Aluminium joiner then the following are Skilled occupations for SMC residence purposes. I've used them before successfully.

322311 Metal Fabricator

323299 Metal Fitters and Machinists nec

thank u very much for ur advice