I came here as visitor for 1month stay but extended it for another 6months. I met someone, we get along with each other, attracted to each and quickly fall in love. We've been living together for more than 5 months and got married in June. We met each other's family through video call because we are not able to travel yet to visit them. With my visitor's visa going to expire, I rang the immigration office to get advice on which path should I take considering my case. I was given option to extend my visitor's visa for another 3months (max 9months stay), apply for work visa under partnership (1 year stay if granted) then apply residency after 1 year. If I extend my visitor's visa and apply partnership visa while waiting for the former, immigration will consider final decision to the latter. I asked if I can jump straight to partnership visa and the answer was YES. I discussed this to my partner and we agreed to go for this direction. I submitted my partnership visa 2 weeks before expiry of my visitor's visa (latest 2 weeks as advised) and i was given an interim visa. The result came after a month and it was denied for the reason that the immigration officer is not satisfied that our relationship is genuine and stable. Although there was no stipulated period of relationship however it should be long enough to satisfy the immigration officer. Yes, we acknowledge that we are in a short time relationship with limited evidences but our relationship is true, that we are genuine people, 2 human beings in love and planning our future together.

With this my interim visa has been expired and i was only given 2 days to leave the country beside the fact that my original passport is still in hands of the immigration office. We consulted an immigration officer and we bind into contract that he will request for reconsideration under section 16 and re-apply for partnership visa. he told us that this is the best way for my case. Promised to submit my application on that week but in actual was the following week. He assured me that we will get it and i don't need to worry but live a normal life and always saying he will keep me updated once they receive the result. Phoned the consultant's office today, midday and still keeps saying no result. Later, early evening, I received an email from that consultant with the denial letter advising me to arrange my flight out of the country. We noticed that the denial letter was dated a week ago and only now that it was forwarded to us. He's been holding it for a week. Now we are over stress again on how we could go about this. My partner can't afford me to leave at this distress situation because of his personal issue as well. My partner badly needs my support.

How could we apply for visa for me stay stay? What type of visa?
What other consideration we can take?
Is there anyone who has experienced this? Please share how did you overcome it?
My partner is under doctor's supervision due to medical condition. My partner needs to be looked after. Is this possible ground for me to stay?
To whom can we seek help? Can we ask local MP or Minister of Immigration? Some crazy idea but do you think this will work?