Thread: NZ expo in the UK

Default NZ expo in the UK

Hello,

First my apologies if I am not in the correct section...
    I did not know where is most appropriate to post this...
    I intend to go to London NZ expo next Oct 15/16.
    This seems to be an event organized by INZ itself and it seems that we can also meet recruiters there for people searching jobs in NZ.
    Has anyone of you heads about this or best attended one and if so is it worth going ?

Thanks for any reply I can get on this event.

If this is "Down Under Live:", then its an event promoted by a private promoter, which INZ and employers pay to attend. There's often some useful conversations to be had with employers if you are a good candidate. INZ will give out generic information.

Yes that's exactly what it is I just checked again !
    Thanks ChrisMwn we will definitely go then.
    I think we are not too bad candidates but missing 5 points to have visa approved which we hope to gain by getting a job offer !!
    Thanks again for your advice.

Hi there
    Just a short update of my visit to Downunder Live in London last Oct 15.
    It was very interesting to have in a same place all actors involved in a migration process : financial aspects (banks, money transfers), logistics aspects (cost and transport time for a container shipment, cost of living), legal aspects (migration agents), recruiters.
    Especially we could explain to our kids (who came with us) what such a decision implies practically.
    But as far as we are concerned, we were a bit disappointed that among the many recruiting agencies present in the event, there was only one to which we could give our CV and fill in a form because IT area was actually not very well represented, many of the recruiting agencies had job offers for teachers, electricians, carpenters, nurses, etc...
    And I think it is very interesting for people who are at the very beginning stage of their migration process, I mean, who are thinking of migrating and who do not know where to start from. This is where they can meet migration agents to get an idea of the types of visas available and see if they would have chances to be successful if they apply to any of the possible visas.
    At the stage at which we are, it was less profitable for us of course.
    But it has been an interesting experience though globally for all of us as a family wanting to move at the exact opposite end of the world

And we had the chance to visit London and go shopping after the exhibit
    And icing on the cake : the weather was beautiful that saturday