Thread: Residence class visa: family category

Cool Residence class visa: family category

hi admin,
    i am in a dilemma right now,
    i have applied my residence visa under partnership in mid June 2016 and CO was located late June 2016, we didnt hear anything from the CO until late August when she made a request for the evidences for the genuineness of the partnership, i sent it the next day along with the timeline of relationship ever since we met, the same things were produced at the time of the work visa under partnership category which i applied from my home country in Oct 2015 and was granted the visa on 05 November 2015 after being interviewed but there were some lack of my documents from New Zealand which took time and the visa label got issued in january 2016 and i came to New Zealand in early March 2016, after coming back i applied the residence.
    Now, with the residence i supplied the tenancy agreement in which my husband added me after almost a year coz i had to travel overseas for my work visa the reason we put the changes on hold for the tenancy agreement update was due to our relocation plans, the co for the work visa didnt enquire too much as the other documents had proved we staying together for over one year for minimum criteria to be fulfilled. we started living together 01 August 2014 got married on 10 October 2014, tenancy agreement was update on 22/07/2015, i departed on 26 August 2015, we have updated her through the email of why we delayed the tenancy agreement changes.
    The CO is concerned that we not fulfilled the minimum criteria for residence due the late change in tenancy agreement but we fulfilled it well before i left to prove that we also provided the IR statement which shows the date started living together as we get WFTC for the care in child from my previous relation. recently, the CO suggested me that she has made the decision and my application is waiting for the Second Person Check for the correct decision,
    I am unable to understand if the first CO was not satisfied for 12 months criteria under what policy she issued me the work visa as i had seen in my privacy act she was well satisfied and said the minimum criteria fulfilled and if that happened how would i not qualify for residence....

Any suggestions of what should be done ???

Thanks in Advance
    Kind Regards,
    Priyanka

What you need to show is;

that you are currently living together.
    that you have lived together for the last 12 months.
    if you have been living apart:
    Good reason for being apart.
    evidence that your relationship has been maintained during time apart

Thanks for ur reply Chris:
    i have provided the following
    * documents being received at the address we are living since 2014
    * we did live apart for my immigration purposes which lasted for 6 months ( for this i have provided call logs & financial transactions that he made to me )
    * relationship timeline explaining out reason for 6 months how & what happened over the time & how did we take sufficient steps to be together at the earliest.
    i have even explained my previous immigration history for the time i stayed in the country before the relationship started so that she knows what happened when.
    she asked for the dates to be exact or started living together has been told as well.
    i am not convinced why she has a problem with the minimum requirements of qualifying for living together as per my knowledge i have done the best in my reach and now is the third ongoing year we have been together for. i have backed up all my statements with paperwork to prove the onus.

i am just so unsure of her nature on this application as the communication mode unclear.