Thread: Visitor Visa Online Application

Default Visitor Visa Online Application

Hi

I am an Australian citizen, and my girlfriend is Ukrainian.

She is currently in Ukraine now, and has just received a 3 month tourist visa for Australia. Will be here in November. We are also planning to visit New Zealand, and so looking at that visitor visa now, and have a few questions that really hope someone can help with:

• We are planning to be in New Zeland 21 January to 2 February. Is it possible to apply for the visa now, while she is in Ukraine and can get the visa label in her passport from Moscow. Or do we need to wait until 3 months before, and therefore apply from Australia (is it possible to apply from a 3rd country?)
    • As the Australia visa is single entry, we are going to need to change the return flight from Sydney to Auckland, to include in the application. On top of this, we are also planning to pre-book all accommodation, as if NZ immigration is anything like Australia, they will find any excuse to refuse it. Has anyone experience of getting the visa without needing to pre-book hotels?
    • On the online application form, there is a question about "Do you have a partner?". We are boyfriend/girlfriend, not yet fiance, and again, after an earlier Australian visa was refused for ticking the wrong box on that question, believe the best answer is "No" and to include our 2 letters saying that we are in a relationship, but not yet fiance (2 years). Or if we want her to have a stronger application that demonstrates we are travelling together, with combined money, etc, then we should say fiance?

Any information about visitor visas, would be great

Quote Originally Posted by maccamlc View Post
    Hi

I am an Australian citizen, and my girlfriend is Ukrainian.

She is currently in Ukraine now, and has just received a 3 month tourist visa for Australia. Will be here in November. We are also planning to visit New Zealand, and so looking at that visitor visa now, and have a few questions that really hope someone can help with:

• We are planning to be in New Zeland 21 January to 2 February. Is it possible to apply for the visa now, while she is in Ukraine and can get the visa label in her passport from Moscow. Or do we need to wait until 3 months before, and therefore apply from Australia (is it possible to apply from a 3rd country?)
    • As the Australia visa is single entry, we are going to need to change the return flight from Sydney to Auckland, to include in the application. On top of this, we are also planning to pre-book all accommodation, as if NZ immigration is anything like Australia, they will find any excuse to refuse it. Has anyone experience of getting the visa without needing to pre-book hotels?
    • On the online application form, there is a question about "Do you have a partner?". We are boyfriend/girlfriend, not yet fiance, and again, after an earlier Australian visa was refused for ticking the wrong box on that question, believe the best answer is "No" and to include our 2 letters saying that we are in a relationship, but not yet fiance (2 years). Or if we want her to have a stronger application that demonstrates we are travelling together, with combined money, etc, then we should say fiance?

Any information about visitor visas, would be great

Hi maccamlc,
    Just wondering if you were able to get the visit visa? Where did you apply for the NZ visit visa? My wife is on a visit visa here in Australia and we wish to visit New Zealand in July. I'm thinking of applying for her NZ visit visa from Australia (3rd country). Although I dont know if that is possible or not.

We applied online in Australia and it was granted after about 8 weeks. Wherever you apply from in Australia will need to go to Sydney so that they can scan/copy your original passport. They don't take certified copies