Thread: Partnership Visitor V/s Partnership Work Visa from India

Default Partnership Visitor V/s Partnership Work Visa from India

Hi Everyone,

Am new to this - apologies if this is a repeat.

I am getting married in Apr'17 - and wish to apply for the visitor or work visa under partnership category to NZ since my fiancee is a NZ Resident. I wanted to understand:

a) which has a better success ratio, is it that when we apply for a work partnership it gets rejected most of the time ?
    b) How do we make our case stronger, do partners never get visas ??
    c) also if I go on a partnership visitor visa in how much time can I apply for a work visa when am in NZ ?
    d) after the receipt of the visa - do we have to make a mandatory visit to NZ in any minimum number of days ??

Thank you so much guys, help will be really appreciated !!

Hi Music11:

For most of Indian Partnership Visas, you may want to see the culturally arranged partnership visas category.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-visitor-visa

a) There is no absolute success ratio or rate whatsoever to make sure your visa application would be approved or declined. The result depends on whether you meet the visa requirements and your documents to support your application.
    b) Lots of partners get specific visas according to their situations. To increase the chance of getting approved, you need to prove that relationship is genuine and stable, both of you meet all the requirements for that visa.
    c) time allowance of Visitor visa varies, depending on your visa conditions, it may allow you to stay for 3 months to 6 months. To apply for a temporary work visa based on partnership, it may takes up to 30 - 40 days to process, vary on different branches.
    d) you need to know your purposes to come to NZ, unless you are travel with resident visa, there is no minimum days of staying.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeTM View Post
    Hi Music11:

For most of Indian Partnership Visas, you may want to see the culturally arranged partnership visas category.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...e-visitor-visa

a) There is no absolute success ratio or rate whatsoever to make sure your visa application would be approved or declined. The result depends on whether you meet the visa requirements and your documents to support your application.
    b) Lots of partners get specific visas according to their situations. To increase the chance of getting approved, you need to prove that relationship is genuine and stable, both of you meet all the requirements for that visa.
    c) time allowance of Visitor visa varies, depending on your visa conditions, it may allow you to stay for 3 months to 6 months. To apply for a temporary work visa based on partnership, it may takes up to 30 - 40 days to process, vary on different branches.
    d) you need to know your purposes to come to NZ, unless you are travel with resident visa, there is no minimum days of staying.
    If I am not wrong culturally arranged partnership visas category is to get married in NZ, if you getting married in India this category wont apply.

Quote Originally Posted by mayur1980 View Post
    If I am not wrong culturally arranged partnership visas category is to get married in NZ, if you getting married in India this category wont apply.
    That's correct.

A partner-sponsored visa (whether work or visitor) starts from the same requirement - that the couple provide proof of living together. INZ define partnership as living a shared life. Other aspects, such as an emotional relationship and even marriage, are only peripheral, and will not replace the essential basic evidence, of around three months co-habitation. I know this is difficult for those from cultures where living together without marriage, or before marriage, is not normal. But that is the reason you hear of so many people who are refused visas, saying, 'But we are MARRIED,' feeling that should solve everything, whereas they have not provided the required evidence, so INZ has no option but to refuse them.

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders are the details of this visa. Be sure to click on the 'Check Criteria' red button near the bottom of the screen, then you will access another page, where you should click to see ALL the requirements for Evidence.

And here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof are old threads about evidence of partnership, where you will find discussion and many examples of what you need to provide.

c) Wherever you are, you can apply for a partner-sponsored temporary work visa (that one I gave the link to above) whenever you have the required evidence - that is, including around three months' proof of living together.

d) If such a visa is granted while you are outside NZ, you need to travel to NZ by the date, three months ahead from date of issue, which will be printed on the visa label.

Note, if you apply for one of these visas, you should keep collecting the same kind of evidence, and keep copies of what you send in, because 1) INZ commonly ask for more evidence, covering the time of processing, just before the visa is issued (making sure they are not issuing a visa to someone whose relationship has broken down in the meantime), and 2) within a year, you are going to need evidence of having lived together for 12 months (including this first lot), in order to apply for partner-sponsored Residence.