Thread: Estimate cost for buying a piece of bare land or section in Wellington area.

Default Estimate cost for buying a piece of bare land or section in Wellington area.

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask about trend of property, have noticed that still houses price is increasing (last year around 17% in Wellington area).

Anyone available to share decisions about a house or a land cost about New Zealand forecasting?

Actually I am looking for a bare land or a section for new building house in Wellington area, and available to pay around 250k for 500sqm~1000sqm.

Thank you

I am confused about your question. Are you buying land to build a house or buying to landbank ie forecasting? Different lending requirements are imposed on those who intend to get a construction loan than someone who is buying speculatively to landbank or buy land to develop, subdivide and sell off.

I am also confused if your question is related to either the cost for construction of a new house or the cost associated to buying land.

Almost all valuable land available around Wellington is bought up by developers and speculators. Just look at the hills left and right of HW1. They are littered with excavators and heavy trucks. With a lower budget you have to go rural.

I am looking for a land to build up my own house.

Just would like to know about estimated land cost in Wellington area.

Thank you