Thread: ITA - Qualifications on List of Exempt from assesment

Default ITA - Qualifications on List of Exempt from assesment

Hi,

I've been invited to apply for my Skilled Resendency Visa. As part of the EOI I had to get my wife's qualifications accessed as I was claiming points for it. Her qualification was not on the list excempt qualifications.

My qualifcation is on the list which is exempt from assesment, thus I did not send it to the NZQA to get accessed.

Now on the ITA Application form it states:

PLEASE NOTE: To qualify for points as a recognised qualification your qualification must have
    been assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
    (NZQA), either
    • by virtue of being on the List of Qualifications (see question F3); or
    • by individual assessment (see questions F4 - F6).

F3a. Is this qualification on the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment or the list of
    Qualifications recognised as an exception?
    All of the specifications of the list must be met, including the name of the qualification, the
    awarding institution, and the date it was awarded.

So am I understanding this correctly? Even though my qualification is on the list Exempt from Assessment, I still need to get it accessed by the NZQA?

Please advise.

Regards,

Marnus.

As they quoted there, "All of the specifications of the list must be met, including the name of the qualification, the
    awarding institution, and the date it was awarded." Have you checked that that is so for your qualification?

You have to find the name of your qualification alongside the name of the awarding institution, and the dates in the last column have to match or cover the date when you graduated. There have been other forum members who have missed finding one or other of these, but mistakenly thought they were covered - the date-range particularly can be confusing.