Thread: Birth certificate??

Default Birth certificate??

Hi guys, I have a question in regards to birth certificate. Please advise me any ideas

I dont have birth certificate, I don't know where I have misplaced and its a bit hassle to get it. But is it fine to submit the birth certificate letter issued by local municipality in the letter format, say like:

Heading : birth certificate

This is to certify that Mr x son of y and z was born in xx at yy. This has been issued for abroad purpose.

Please help.

Thanks alot!

Being 'a bit hassle to get it" is not a reason that INZ would accept for not providing the required Birth certificate. Only if you can show strong reason that your birthrth certificate is not available, and the efforts that you have gone to to obtain a new copy would then consider a statutory declaration.

Why can you apply for a new copy from the proper authorities?

Hi Chris thank you for the prompt response.
    Isn't the birth certificate same as birth certificate letter ? If the municipality issue a birth certificate letter won't that work as birth certificate ? What you say about it. Please advise

Quote Originally Posted by San11 View Post
    Hi Chris thank you for the prompt response.
    Isn't the birth certificate same as birth certificate letter ? If the municipality issue a birth certificate letter won't that work as birth certificate ? What you say about it. Please advise
    no, not normally. registration Authorities would normally issue a copy of an extract from their records, on a "birth certificate,. What country are you needing the certificate from?

From Nepal. I had got my birth certificate but for my wife, I got a birth certificate letter from the local municipality office. So just wondering if that will work or have to make new birth certificate. Thank-you

Hi San11,

I hold an Indian passport, and INZ specifically sent me instructions "Guidelines for birth certificates from India", which had options in case we don't have our birth certificates. Attached an image of it. Something similar would be required for Nepal I guess. Hope this helps.

Birth cert.jpg

Thank you for your kind help Arvind.

I was never given a birth certificate when I was born.
    I just had to apply to make one. If a visa is important it shouldn't be a hassle