Hello there! I'm wondering if there is anyone in this forum who is (or knows) a Biomedical Equipment Repair Technician or is in the Medical Maintenance Field in NZ. Is it possible there to get a job there as an emigrant in such a small industry? And I'm wondering what qualifications you would need to be considered a desirable candidate. I've searched online and have not came up with much information. I'm considering contacting some of the employers and associations there via email.

Who am I? (if you're still reading!)

For the past 5 years I have been active duty enlisted in the US Navy. I started out as a Medic, but after a year I began 13 months of Biomedical Equipment Repair Training. So far, I've only been to A-dec and Planmeca for manufacturer specific training and have a few certifications from Welch Allyn. I'm also am working on attending training at Sirona Dental for there CAD/CAM machines and Tuttnauer for their sterilizers. Either me or the other BMET will go to Siemens training for our new X-ray suite (hopefully its me ). The CBET certification from AAMI is my main priority and secondary to that is a degree as an EET. When I separate from the Navy I'll have a total of 7 years of service.

Thank you anyone for your time or input.