Thread: Partnership residence

Default Partnership residence

On Friday I will be sending in my residence application via partnership. Just wanted to see if there is anything else you guys think I should include with my application.

I have included :
    Plane tickets to aus with my partner
    Shared bank statements
    Letter from his parents
    Letters from 5 friends
    Mail received to me and my partner showing the same address
    Table settings from a wedding we went to
    Texts and emails showing our communication
    Nearly 100 photos together by ourselves and with family
    Gym memberships (emergency contact)
    I have also written a timeline of our relationship

At the moment we are living with his parents so we don't have any rental agreements or water bills etc. We also don't have any joint assets. I'm a bit concerned about that part. I want to make sure I have enough to show so my visa doesn't get delayed any longer.
    My current visa runs out Febuary 22 so I don't have much time

Hi there, 12 Months is the Minimum for Living together, so be sure to actually show good Proof of that, Bills sent to the both of you at the same place over a 12 month period for starters. Another thing I would suggest is before you apply for residency is to apply for a partnership working visa first instead, Because your Visa runs out on the 22nd on Feb and Residence Visa can take Several months to Process and they do not offer an Interim Visa for this, So my best advice is possibly apply for a partnership working visa first and try build up more together like letters addressed to each other and such things, So take for example accepted for 22nd Feb just wait till that date to apply so you have more proof and you also have Proof of a partnership working Visa.

I don't know if that will come in handy or not... But a few other guys might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by RougeKiwi View Post
    Hi there, 12 Months is the Minimum for Living together, so be sure to actually show good Proof of that, Bills sent to the both of you at the same place over a 12 month period for starters. Another thing I would suggest is before you apply for residency is to apply for a partnership working visa first instead, Because your Visa runs out on the 22nd on Feb and Residence Visa can take Several months to Process and they do not offer an Interim Visa for this, So my best advice is possibly apply for a partnership working visa first and try build up more together like letters addressed to each other and such things, So take for example accepted for 22nd Feb just wait till that date to apply so you have more proof and you also have Proof of a partnership working Visa.

I don't know if that will come in handy or not... But a few other guys might be able to help.
    Hello!! On Friday we would have been living together for 1 year. And we have a work visa together already which is expiring in Febuary.
    We won't have any bills as its his parents house, so it's all in there names etc. The only joint thing we would have is. Bank statements..

If you already have a partner-sponsored work visa, that is a good step in the right direction, because INZ have already recognized that yours is a valid partnership.

Joint assets - they don't necessarily have to be huge things. If you can show on your credit card or bank statement that one or other of you has bought something that is for the use of both of you, that can count. Something for the room you share? Who paid for the gym membership for both of you? A car with both of you insured to drive it?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you already have a partner-sponsored work visa, that is a good step in the right direction, because INZ have already recognized that yours is a valid partnership.

Joint assets - they don't necessarily have to be huge things. If you can show on your credit card or bank statement that one or other of you has bought something that is for the use of both of you, that can count. Something for the room you share? Who paid for the gym membership for both of you? A car with both of you insured to drive it?
    Oh ok. We bought things in Australia for the kitchen. And he used his credit card and then transferred money from our shared account to pay it off.
    Anytime anything big is purchased we use either credit card and then use our shared account to pay it off. How do I show that?

Should I highlight the transfers to his credit card on our bank statements that I provided?

Highlight the relevant lines on both statements, give a copy of the bill/invoice, if you've got it, and write explaining what you are showing them.

Edited to say: simulpost! Yes.