Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! About Dependent Child Resident Visa

Unhappy Help! About Dependent Child Resident Visa

Anybody can help to answer my confusion.

My family received blue sticker on 15/Mar/2016 and first entry must be before 5/Mar/2017. We are going to step in NZ on 31/Jan/2017.

The problem here is that I have delivered a baby on 21/Jun/2016 which are not included in the residence visa application. When I asked the officer-in-charge about this, her replied was to lodge a new application for my child as dependent child under family category.

When I checked on "Dependent Child Resident Visa" details, it says " If you’re a New Zealand citizen or resident living in New Zealand you can bring your dependent children to New Zealand to live with you. " and I must provide evidence that I live in New Zealand such as letters addressed to you, including rates or utility bills, mortgage or rental agreements, etc

In my case, my first entry will be on 31/Jan/2017 and now I want to apply visa for my newborn. Which visa is suitable for my child? I dont have a living proof in NZ as I have not move to NZ

Appreciate for any reply

If you complete the INZ 1000 for your child, provide fee, birth certificate, passport, and medical, and your own passport, then the child should then be issued a visa, with the same conditions as yours.

My daughter was born after we were granted residence. We applied for visitor visa for her under dependent child category and she was granted 9 months visa, once here in NZ we applied residence for her with all the proof of being in NZ and working, and she was granted visa in 3 weeks.

Hi guys,

Need some input here.. I already have NZ resident visa and plan to move to NZ in Apr 2018. However, my baby girl does not have NZ resident visa yet as she was born after my resident visa was already approved & activated. So now I'm gonna apply visitor visa for her and once we're in NZ I will then apply resident visa for her.

My question is, does she need to go for Medical Examination when applying for her visitor visa? Can anyone share their experience?

Yes, your child needs to have a medical, but not an X-ray. A4.25. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm....htm?35154.htm

Oohh I wasn't expecting a reply so soon... you're up early 😄
    Thanks for the speedy reply, JandM!!!

No - not up early, different time zone!

Sorry one more question, to those who have gone through applying visitor visa for their children, did you do the Limited Medical or the General Medical?

TIA

See e ii at that link.

Got it!! Thanks JandM!

Just to share information for those applying visitor visa under the dependent child category from Singapore, I did the medical for my baby at SATA COMMHEALTH UTTAMRAM MEDICAL CENTRE (BEDOK). Cost me S$115 (only medical examination, NO chest xray and NO blood test). It'll take 3-5 working days for the medical examination result to be uploaded in the eMedical system.

Call them up in advance to make an appointment. Come half an hour before your appointment time so you have time to do the registration. Bring along your child's passport and the father/mother's passport (whoever is the main applicant for the resident visa, in my case it's my hubby). Also bring along your child's health booklet.

They will take a photo of your child there. The examination itself is very fast. We completed everything in abt 1 hour time.

Hope this info is useful 😊

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast