Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anzco Level 4

Default Anzco Level 4

Hello all

I am just looking for some advice really regarding a work visa of some sort.

My job is currently listed as a level 4 job. I work for a healthcare organisation in their offices. My job would probably fall under the contact centre category. Our various clients that I deal with our New Zealand blood service, lumini dentists and others however these are not my employers.

I see I need to go through work and income to get something for the work visa. My question is really is there any hope of getting a work visa with a lower skilled job?

Through reading other threads I see people have trouble enough with high skilled jobs and I hear a lot in the news about low skilled jobs going to migrants etc. Anyone else had a work visa for lower skilled jobs?

Many thanks

Hello.

Yes, it's possible to get a visa with a lower-skilled job - it all depends on the employer's NEED for a worker like you, when nobody who's a NZ national or resident has come forward to do.

What visa are you on at the moment?

Hi thanks for the reply. Currently I am on a normal working holiday visa.

So, if your employer were to support you for getting a work visa, it is they who would have to go through work and income, etc., and have advertised without success in getting a local - that is not your responsibility. This page https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...al-skills-visa is INZ's instruction to the employer about all that.

If they just employed you because you already had the WHV, so it was straightforward for the time being, they may not have gone through all that procedure, so it may not be easy for them to backtrack and sponsor you.

In that case, if you want to stay on in NZ, you may need to look for another job, either within the same organization or elsewhere, that either, you are qualified for, or, that is a position the employer has been trying to fill, but nobody suitable has answered.

I know they have advertised using seek and recruitment agencies etc however they struggle to find people. They did not use work and income to advertise.

Is the only way to get a work visa is to have listed the job in the past with work and income? Can they not get the skills report now by advertising it?

I thought that is what I read on the website but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for all the help.

See the link, which is from the (new version of the) INZ website. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...al-skills-visa It says
    The evidence you provide to show your genuine attempts will depend on whether your position is high or low-skilled.

If the job is high-skilled, you must provide evidence you advertised the role including:

the text for your advert
    where and how long your advert ran for.

If the job is low-skilled, you must provide a Skills Match Report from Work and Income (in addition to advertising the role) showing either:

there are no New Zealanders available to do the work
    there are no New Zealanders who you believe are suitable for the work.
    So the evidence required of your employer (any employer) depends on how high- or low-skilled the job is considered to be, and from what you have said, it sounds as though your present job is sort of in the middle. Your employer might already know what INZ consider it to be, or he could ask them.

For skill level 4 & 5, it is a must to contact work and income and get a skills match report; your employer needs to do that before you submit the application and not after.

I understand that a skills match report is needed. The evidence of advertising the job, does this have to be very recent? As they have not advertised for a few months as why would they need to when someone is doing the job. Or can it be just advertising from around the start of the year?

You give what you have got. If INZ require anything different, they will say so.

I understand that. What I am trying to find out is should my employer be advertising now before I apply for the visa or will old advertising be enough? If INZ require anything different later it will be too late for them to advertise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast