Thread: Online status shows Resident Visa Approved

Default Online status shows Resident Visa Approved

My wife received an email today stating there had been a change in status online, so we logged in and her Resident Visa status had changed to Approved, so what happens now? I'm assuming the CO will contact us for label in passport?

It's great to finally get Approved satus on her resident visa although it has taken some time since 18th Dec 2015 being the lodgement date. We had two different CO's (I wont name them on here), we also lodged this on our own, ie without the help of an Immigration Lawyer. The first CO's asked for more evidence initially after the first few weeks of lodgement, which we provided this but she failed to tell us that we had to put N/A in the fields where my wife had to list any brothers and sisters (she is from China and is the only child), we had left this blank initially but had no idea we had to put N/A here. First CO's did not tell us the application was still incomplete. Wife emailed CO 07/06/2016 asking for an update and was told it was pending a NSC, so we waited with still no update.

I emailed CO 29/08/2016 asking for any updates and my email fell of deaf ears with no responce receieved, so I called CO a few days later asking what was happening, CO told me a new CO has been assigned and would be in touch within the next few days.

New CO emailed 12/09/2016 asking for us to complete unanswered questions in the application form and if no answer was required to put N/A, also supply updated evidence including my Council Rates bill and an official English translation of my wife's local police certificate, previous CO never told us we had to translate the police cert of put N/A in the fields with no answer. We feel that the effort from previous CO in processing and moving our application forward was unsatisfactory. It doesn't take a lot of effort to reply to an email, our new CO provided very good service and things moved quite quickly after they has been assigned. I'm wondering if we would still be in the dark as to what was happening if I hadn't made that phone call, and if the new CO was only assigned as a result of my call.

Anyway my wife has her status approved now and we're both very happy, but thought I would share our experience.

Congrats

Congratulations!!!! 👍

Congratulations! You should get an email shortly (in a few days) that explain next steps for you. But you're in!