Thread: Restarting SMC process

Default Restarting SMC process

I have until next month to application for smc. I'm still waiting for my IQA to be completed and I don't think it will be done in time. So looks like my deadline to submit all of my supporting documents will be passed. Will this affect me starting the process and submitting eoi and being selected again?

First, don't despair. If you contact INZ, with evidence of when you applied for the IQA, and of what NZQA have said when you asked how soon it may be issued (and if you haven't yet asked them, do so), then you will very likely be EITHER allowed an extension to submit your whole ITA plus evidence, OR told you may submit the ITA without the IQA, and send it on when it becomes available.

If, though it's unlikely, you were not given extra time, so your ITA lapsed, then no, there is no bar to starting another application under SMC by putting in a new EOI - but it shouldn't be necessary.

Ok great thanks, that's a relief.

Another option is you can pay additional $400 for NZQA fasttrack. I submitted my qualifications with normal track, after that I found it would take up to 3 months. I asked them about switching to fast track and got replied that it would take up to 20 business days. I decided to pay additional cost to switch fast track and got my nzqa report after 1 week.