Thread: PET Shipping from Switzerland

Default PET Shipping from Switzerland

We have a cat that we will be taking to New Zealand when we move .
    Been trying to get some quote and I got one CRAZY price of 8500 NZD one way for our cat !!!!
    Can it really cost this much to get a Cat into NZ, with Quarrantine ? The company is called Santa Fe Relocation Services

Has anyone taken a pet from Europe with them and
    What did it cost ?
    Who did you use and were you happy with the whole move ?
    Thanks, I hope someone can help

I haven't heard of that particular company before. But transporting animals IS very expensive.

Yea I am finding that out
    What can we do though ? The Cat must come

I'm glad to hear it. S/He's family too. As long as you feel like that, you'll manage somehow.

Here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz.org+golden+arrow are some old threads about Golden Arrow, a company that many forum members have used going from the UK. I believe that some people have taken their animal to the UK so as to start from there.

If you feel confident enough you can do the prep work in co-operation with a knowledgeable vet. I believe some companies take advantage of the overwhelming process and charge the crap out of you. It is going to be very expensive anyway. Lots of vaccinations, blood sampling, terrible paperwork, strict timing (!) and much more. Get the papers online, follow through with your vet, apply here for an import permit. Get in contact with a quarantine station near your future home. Find at your airport a trustworthy company that has a record of handling pets. Good luck!