Thread: Will I be able to get a NZ visa if I was denied entry to the UK?

Default Will I be able to get a NZ visa if I was denied entry to the UK?

Hey guys! So a few years ago I went to visit some friends in the UK and stupidly bought a one-way ticket, as the last time I traveled I had to change my return flight and it cost me a fortune! I was only planning on staying a short time, but I had no proof of funds (I had no idea they would want bank transcripts), and no return ticket, and so I was denied entry. I applied for a UK tourist visa when I got home, and it was successful, and so I went for a bit and then left when I was supposed to. It has always been my dream to travel NZ, but when looking through the visa requirements I saw that you won't meet the character requirements if you have "ever been removed, excluded or deported from any country". Does this mean I can't travel to NZ? I was hoping to do a working holiday visa but now it appears that I "have a serious character issue". I have no previous convictions or anything, this is the only issue. I doubt anyone here is an immigration officer, but I figured I'd ask just in case anyone has had a similar experience. Thanks in advance for your help.

Did they stamped rejection on your passport which deny your entry in UK?

If not then you are eligible to apply for Residence Visa. But do mention this incident in your expression interest.

You just cannot hide anything from Immigration New Zealand because sooner or later they will find out that you have been denied an entry in UK due to one way ticket.

There can be different situations through which one is denied entry into any country in the world and it is not a hurdle in getting a visa for NZ. INZ expect it as your own moral responsibility to mention everything on your EOI form with evidence later along with ITA submission that whatever you said is correct. INZ will verify information and if you said correct things they have no objection about your rejection to enter in any country.

Hope this will help.

Being refused entry isn't the same as having "ever been removed, excluded or deported from any country", which are the actions when someone is in breach of a country's laws. As abs100 says, just tell what happened - refused entry because you arrived on one-way ticket and without proof of funds, afterwards accepted on a visitor's visa having applied in due order - and it shouldn't cause any problems for you.