Thread: Help with visa changes

Default Help with visa changes

Hi everyone.

Bit of a long winded explanation on this one but please bear with me.

My wife and i applied for a smc resident visa with ita submitted in september. I was the principal applicant. We decided to job hunt while awaiting the decision. Short of it is that my wife has received a job offer in New Zealand (wellington to be exact). My question is as follows.

With my wife being offered employment i assume that a temporary work visa will be required to begin the job asap? Will this be an extra cost or can we tag onto the existing application? Are we also able to alter the principal applicant to my wife?

Sorry for all the questions. Starting to find the visa process confusing.

Cheers!

With my wife being offered employment i assume that a temporary work visa will be required to begin the job asap?
    Yes.
    Will this be an extra cost or can we tag onto the existing application?
    It will be an entirely separate application, for either an Essential Skills visa, or Work to Residence if the employer is accredited. (See the INZ website for details of those visas.) You can also apply for a partner-sponsored visa to allow you to accompany her https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visa-holders - you can put this in at the same time, linking it with a covering letter, and INZ will work it all as one case, supplying the visa number etc. which you won't know to begin with as it becomes available.
    Are we also able to alter the principal applicant to my wife?
    No. Although couples tend to think of an application under SMC as 'our' application, actually, it is the principal applicant's application, with the spouse as a (minor) etc. only.