Thread: student visa - medical waiver re: SURGERY -URGENT PLEASE HELP

Default student visa - medical waiver re: SURGERY -URGENT PLEASE HELP

Default student visa - medical issue re: SURGERY
    Hi

I have been in NZ on visitor visa in June and applied for NZ Student visa whilst here. Also had done my xrea an medical. I found I had a stomach tumor after my medical so I went back to my home country for treatment and had surgery.

The doctor removed tumor and pencriea from my stomach and now I'm all good. However, I got an letter from NZ immigration that

"Our assessment of your application We have completed a further assessment of your application and note that you may not be of an acceptable standard of health for the reasons set out below.

Immigration Instructions A4.15 states that applicants for temporary entry class visas must have an acceptable standard of health.
    Medical assessor’s comments Your medical and chest x-ray certificates have been assessed by the New Zealand medical assessor on 15 August 2016.

The medical assessor has advised that you do not meet the acceptable standard of health for entry to New Zealand on the basis that you are likely to impose significant health costs or demands. Refer to Immigration Instructions A4.15.
    Specifically the medical assessor has noted:

“Papillary carcinoma of the pancreas. Time since surgery is such that the risk of recurrence remains over 10 %. Noted that the applicant has had most of the pancreas now removed.”

We have not made a decision on your application at this stage. We invite you to make comments or provide information in response to our concerns.

You may provide further information by 26 September 2016. Any comments or further information must be provided by 26 September 2016.

For example, you may provide a medical opinion from a suitably qualified professional. Please note Immigration Instructions A4.15.1"

I replied to above then today I got below from immigration
    Hi

Can anyone help me this? My doctor sent all reports showing that I'm all good with heath wise and have no chance of tumor atleast for my study visa duration. The letter I got from immigration saying that

"Thank you for your email dated 25 September 2016 providing additional information and comments about the concerns we have regarding your health.

Our assessment of your health

We have completed a final assessment of your health taking into account the

information and comments you provided and have concluded that you do not have an acceptable standard of health.

This means that you are not eligible for a temporary entry class visa unless the temporary entry class visa health requirement is waived. Applicants for temporary entry class visas are not normally considered for the grant of a medical waiver, unless they meet the criteria specified in the immigration instructions at A4.65; which can be found below in Appendix A.

You do not meet the criteria in A4.65 (see Appendix A below) and cannot be considered for a medical waiver. We are nonetheless giving you the opportunity to make comments or provide additional information to show why you think an exception to the health requirements of the immigration instructions should be made for you.

What can you do now?

We have not made a decision on your application at this stage. It is in your interest to write to us with your comments or send us additional information to explain why you think an exception to health requirements of the temporary entry class immigration instructions should be made.
    "

can anyone help me? I'm so stressed. thanks or can someone advise me good immigration lawyer for student visa in christchurch so that can take good advise? thanks

I don't have anything to add to help you. But I am sorry to hear of your situation.