Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time frame from CO in September to Approval for SMC

Red face Time frame from CO in September to Approval for SMC

Hi,

I have been recently allocated a CO on 19th of September from Auckland Central. She was active at the beginning. Emailed me for IRD and payslips and then contacted my employer twice as well. The last time she contacted my employer was on 23rd September. What happens now?

Any time frames for Approval?

My passport expires in two months. Any advice?

Thanks

INZ timing is never predictable. The CO has to verify everything you said about yourself, by contacting other people to check that your evidence is genuine. Those other people aren't necessarily in any hurry to reply, and there's nothing the CO can do about that. Then, all INZ COs work 80 - 90 cases in rotation, so some of the time that passes will be when your CO is working on the others of her allocation - but your file will get its fair turns for attention, when she looks to see what replies have come back, and if there is anything else she can do at that time to move your affairs onwards. When she has done all the verification, when she has decided what outcome to recommend, she still can't tell you until after the whole file has been passed for second-person checking, when another INZ official looks over the whole case to check for any mistakes, and as a guard against the possibility of corruption. There is usually a date-order queue for 2pc.

In your place, I would go ahead and get a new passport. If you get approval and get your visa label put in the old one, you would then have to pay to get it transferred into a new one very shortly afterwards.

There is usually a date-order queue for 2pc.

hi JandM ... what do we mean by that ?? date-order queue ??
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by humi26 View Post
    There is usually a date-order queue for 2pc.

hi JandM ... what do we mean by that ?? date-order queue ??
    thanks
    how long did your employer took to reply back. and how long did you take to email her the payslips and ird? can you share your lodgment date please?

Quote Originally Posted by jessi121 View Post
    how long did your employer took to reply back. and how long did you take to email her the payslips and ird? can you share your lodgment date please?
    My employer replied on the same day (23rd sept). I sent back all the documents on the same day of request.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    INZ timing is never predictable. The CO has to verify everything you said about yourself, by contacting other people to check that your evidence is genuine. Those other people aren't necessarily in any hurry to reply, and there's nothing the CO can do about that. Then, all INZ COs work 80 - 90 cases in rotation, so some of the time that passes will be when your CO is working on the others of her allocation - but your file will get its fair turns for attention, when she looks to see what replies have come back, and if there is anything else she can do at that time to move your affairs onwards. When she has done all the verification, when she has decided what outcome to recommend, she still can't tell you until after the whole file has been passed for second-person checking, when another INZ official looks over the whole case to check for any mistakes, and as a guard against the possibility of corruption. There is usually a date-order queue for 2pc.

In your place, I would go ahead and get a new passport. If you get approval and get your visa label put in the old one, you would then have to pay to get it transferred into a new one very shortly afterwards.
    Thanks JandM. My application is pretty simple with points claimed for education in NZ, Skilled work and AGe. Hope it gets done soon. They have already got the Police clearance

can you share your lodgment date plz?

Quote Originally Posted by humi26 View Post
    what do we mean by that ?? date-order queue ??
    Cases join the queue in the order in which they get sent through from the COs who processed them. So cases which arrived on e.g. 10th are behind those that arrived on 9th, and ahead of those that arrived on 11th, and so on. Whenever the 2pc official is ready to look over another case, s/he takes the one from the front of the queue, then the one after that, and so on and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by jessi121 View Post
    can you share your lodgment date plz?
    My Timeline:

EOI Applied : 26 April 2016
    EOI Selected : 27 April 2016
    ITA Received: 4 May 2016
    Residence Application Submitted : 1 June 2016
    Application Received : 10 June 2016 (Henderson)
    CO Allotted : 19 September 2016 (Auckland Central)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Cases join the queue in the order in which they get sent through from the COs who processed them. So cases which arrived on e.g. 10th are behind those that arrived on 9th, and ahead of those that arrived on 11th, and so on. Whenever the 2pc official is ready to look over another case, s/he takes the one from the front of the queue, then the one after that, and so on and so on.
    Hi JandM will I be informed if my CO has completed assessment and sent it to 2PC? Is there any way of keeping track?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast