Thread: BMI 30 or 35?

Default BMI 30 or 35?

Hello all,

I would really appreciate as much replies as i could get, as i have found so much contradicting information online.

I have had my 2nd interview via skype and all went well. I have a further interview in 2 weeks in London, and I'm fairly confident i will receive a Job offer as both parties are interested.

I'm 24 years old, and i am a tad on the heavier side, 36 BMI to be precise. I wasn't too bothered about my BMI as i have lost 2 stone in the last 8 months and read that the BMI should be under 35, which wont be a problem as i would manage to reach that in no amount of time at all......That was until i read more online and seen that this has changed to 30!!! I dont have any health problems other than acid reflux and IBS, which i take Omeprazole for. IBS i dont take medication for and is controlled via diet.

What advice can anyone give me?

I understand this is above the 30 requirement, however what are the chances of me definitely being denied a Visa if my BMI was below 35 but above 30? Would my young age of 24 see me as less of a risk?

The visa would be from an accredited employer in a Health&Safety/Quality role. I dont know that correct visa, but i think it may be the one where you become a resident after 30 months continuous employment?

My partner would also be coming with me, however she is a low BMI and healthy.

It seems as though we are getting excited and then POW another requirement to meet!

I really really appreciate anyone coming back with any answers, especially to the time from offer to medical and the BMI.

Thanks
    QG

Your medical will almost certainly be referred to the Medical Assessors. Their job is to understand a person's state of health and to declare it acceptable or not - the INZ CO can't finalize work on the visa application till they have received clearance from the MA.

You've found the other thread. You know therefore that they are now saying the BMI should be under 30 for it to count has normal, hence the certainty of referral. The MA would probably ask (they have the right to REQUIRE whatever they want to, multiple times if need be) to see a doctor's report on your health, any treatment, any recent history of slimming, etc.. You can pre-empt this by going to your own doctor and asking for such a report, then sending it to INZ, mentioning your eMedical number and all the details. There is always a queue (6 - 8 weeks recently) for medicals to be seen by an MA, so, with luck, the report will catch up with your file while it is waiting, then when it gets to the MA, whatever s/he wants to know will be right there, ready.