Thread: Charterd Accountant Visa Options

Default Charterd Accountant Visa Options

Hi
    I have got a big query from one of my friend.

She came to NZ on student visa with Level 7 Grad Diploma in Professional Accounting

After arriving NZ, she got her Overseas Qualification(bachelors in commerce and partially completed Chartered accounting course) Assessed by CANZ(Chartered accountants new zealand).
    She was advised by her college to go with assessment.
    After she got assessment, CANZ advised her to do 5 subjects and then she will be CA.

So college changed her subjects and now she is about to finish her 5 subjects(not studying level 7 subjects anymore)

So QUERY is...
    1. Can she apply for post study work visa after completing 5 subjects?
    2. Will INZ create any problem as her visa has condition that she has to study level 7 in acc from this university?
    Is there any VOC required for this issue?

3. And if she is able to secure a accounting job, what points can be claimed for qualification in residence application?

Please reply.
    JandM and ChrisMwn your replies will be much appreciated on this post.

Thanks

I'm sorry - this is going to be a depressing post.

Your friend should have told INZ what she was being advised to do, and changed her visa BEFORE starting to do a different course. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ation-provider It may indeed cause difficulties with INZ, because she has broken the terms of the visa she was given. I'm very surprised that the college didn't tell her she needed to change her visa. The only way to try to sort this out is to go and tell INZ what has happened. I think it's too early to plan anything about other visas, before she finds out what INZ will do about this one - as you'll see on that link above, they CAN make someone leave New Zealand for breaking the terms of a visa.

Quote Originally Posted by pinchu143 View Post
    Hi
    I have got a big query from one of my friend.

She came to NZ on student visa with Level 7 Grad Diploma in Professional Accounting

After arriving NZ, she got her Overseas Qualification(bachelors in commerce and partially completed Chartered accounting course) Assessed by CANZ(Chartered accountants new zealand).
    She was advised by her college to go with assessment.
    After she got assessment, CANZ advised her to do 5 subjects and then she will be CA.

So college changed her subjects and now she is about to finish her 5 subjects(not studying level 7 subjects anymore)

So QUERY is...
    1. Can she apply for post study work visa after completing 5 subjects?
    2. Will INZ create any problem as her visa has condition that she has to study level 7 in acc from this university?
    Is there any VOC required for this issue?

3. And if she is able to secure a accounting job, what points can be claimed for qualification in residence application?

Please reply.
    JandM and ChrisMwn your replies will be much appreciated on this post.

Thanks
    I was in same situation last year.

I have come here to do level 8 and after that, I changed my course to level 7 as I wanted to do CAANZ papers.

I applied for my VOC visa for level 7 course which I received in 2 weeks. My advice is to apply for VOC and get the visa first.

Let me know if you need more details

Thanks JandM for ur advice..
    Actually i was with my friend when we went to talk to her college admin to talk about change in subjects..
    As i have lil bit of knowledge all these things, i confirmed everything with college admin that there shouldnt be any problem later on with INZ.
    And they said everything will be ok
    I think we need to go again to talk to her college admin
    Thanks

Hi suraj raval
    Thanks for sharing your exp

Can u please help out with the docs and requirements for VOC?
    New offer letter?
    What form?
    Application is online or paper?
    Thanks

Hi suraj raval
    Thanks for sharing your exp

Can u please help out with the docs and requirements for VOC?
    New offer letter?
    What form?
    Application is online or paper?
    Thanks
    Sorry for taking longer to get back to you.

She has to fill form INZ1020.
    She requires offer letter with new course name.
    I used paper application and sent new offer letter, passport and one page in which I have written, why I have changed the course and how it will help me in the long run.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thnaks.
    Last edited by cric0312; 11th October 2016 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks JandM for ur advice..
    Actually i was with my friend when we went to talk to her college admin to talk about change in subjects..
    As i have lil bit of knowledge all these things, i confirmed everything with college admin that there shouldnt be any problem later on with INZ.
    And they said everything will be ok
    I think we need to go again to talk to her college admin
    Thanks
    It's not only the college you need to talk to, but INZ, and that is probably MORE important. If INZ don't accept that she only made a mistake, and decide to follow the letter of the law, they could refuse to consider any other applications from her.

Hi everyone...
    I am back again with same query..
    Today i went to the uni with my friend and we have found that my friend is still enrolled in level 7 as per university records which is really good.

So now scenario is different....

College said if u want to opt for CAANZ subjects, then u wont be able to get level 7 certificate..
    And moreover, the subjects she will be doing for CANZ, are 6 subjects out of 7(level diploma subjects)

Now the question is....
    If she changes her visa now and do just those 6 subjects(5 already completed as a part of level 7)....she will finish her studies in february....so is there a option of post study work visa after completing canz studies?

Anyone on this forum who knows anything about this....
    Will INZ give post study work visa after completing her Canz papers ?
    Jandm please advise

Nobody except INZ can tell her how this change will be regarded. She still needs to get in touch with INZ and talk through the whole situation.