Thread: Permanent resident Visa (partnership breakup)

Post Permanent resident Visa (partnership breakup)

Hi there just have question. I got my resident visa from my partner two years ago but unfotunately we are not together.

Now i have to apply for Permanent Resident visa on form it asks for marital status - should i tick seperated or partner it also asks am i living with my partner will it effect my application i am bit concerned what should i do? Please help me thanks

You got your resident visa and you are free to do whatever you want. my friend was in same situation. he had a breakup with his partner after his residence but when he applied for Permanent residence he got it easily because you are free to do anything after your residence.

Quote Originally Posted by adammallu View Post
    You got your resident visa and you are free to do whatever you want. my friend was in same situation. he had a breakup with his partner after his residence but when he applied for Permanent residence he got it easily because you are free to do anything after your residence.
    Hi just a small question did he put still in relationship or seperated ?
    I am just worried about how to fill form it asks partnership status

my friend told he has been seperated . we cant give wrong information if we are not in relationship anymore. you should be fine unless there is serious convictions. best of luck

You need to tick 'separated', and this will have no bad effect on getting PR.

All the checking that you were living with your partner that happened BEFORE you were granted Residence does not apply any more once you have been given the visa. For INZ, there are particular reasons for giving Residence - either the fact that someone is skilled and qualified for a job, or the fact that they are the partner of a NZ national or resident. That is why all the evidence is checked carefully, making sure you match up to one of their reasons. But once you have Residence, it is YOUR residence, free and clear. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by adammallu View Post
    my friend told he has been seperated . we cant give wrong information if we are not in relationship anymore. you should be fine unless there is serious convictions. best of luck
    Thank you we still talk here and there but she does not want to be with me anymore now. Lets see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You need to tick 'separated', and this will have no bad effect on getting PR.

All the checking that you were living with your partner that happened BEFORE you were granted Residence does not apply any more once you have been given the visa. For INZ, there are particular reasons for giving Residence - either the fact that someone is skilled and qualified for a job, or the fact that they are the partner of a NZ national or resident. That is why all the evidence is checked carefully, making sure you match up to one of their reasons. But once you have Residence, it is YOUR residence, free and clear. Don't worry.
    Thank you lets hope for the best. She does not want to be with me i have told her but i can nit force her lets see how it goes