Thread: Car Sharing - Cost sharing? How?

Cool Car Sharing - Cost sharing? How?

Hi all,

Am arranging a short holiday trip with my colleagues (bonding time!). We are going to use one of my colleagues's car to travel to the holiday destination and share the cost of everything. I was thinking we can split the petrol bill but to be fair to this colleague, we should also reimburse him not just for petrol but also account for his car's tyres, wear and tear used during the trip etc.... What would be a good equitable arrangement?? He hasn't said anything on this but I thought we should find an equitable arrangement ourselves rather than wait for him to speak up (so we all come back with happy memories.....) What would you guys do in this situation? Any experience to share?????

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsyjnr View Post
    Hi all,

Am arranging a short holiday trip with my colleagues (bonding time!). We are going to use one of my colleagues's car to travel to the holiday destination and share the cost of everything. I was thinking we can split the petrol bill but to be fair to this colleague, we should also reimburse him not just for petrol but also account for his car's tyres, wear and tear used during the trip etc.... What would be a good equitable arrangement?? He hasn't said anything on this but I thought we should find an equitable arrangement ourselves rather than wait for him to speak up (so we all come back with happy memories.....) What would you guys do in this situation? Any experience to share?????
    You could give him a gift card/money to be use in his next car service... or you could book a car service before return the car to your friend...

You could check this place... is not that expensive - if you do a basic check...
    http://midasnz.co.nz/