Thread: eoi answers incorrect

Default eoi answers incorrect

HI recently lodged my application few months ago. I claimed 150 points while eoi was selected. when i lodged my application i made a change on the EOI application which was supposed to be sent to immigration and i changed question F10 and F11 answers to yes. Today i realized that question apply only to those who completed their qualification of least 2 year degree before 2011.

So my total points after claiming that on my EOI application is 160. But I completed my 2 year diploma degree in 2016. So If my CO open my case and she sees that i have claimed 10 points which is not valid for me . Will that be a issue that i claimed points which i was not supposed to. Is that a fraud ?

if the CO take off 10 points for question F10 and F11, i will be left with 150 points. Will that be an issue because the rules have changed now?

Should i call immigration and let them know about this or the appointed co should be fine and he/she will deduct the points without creating a big issue for claiming invalid points?

any suggestion is appreciable. Thank you very much.

INZ COs must see hundreds of ITAs every year on which applicants have made mistakes. Unless they see something really out of the ordinary, making them think there was intent to deceive, they do not make accusations of fraud - the mistakenly claimed points are just deducted.

As you have 150 points and your ITA has already gone in, you should be all right despite the new requirements. See here.

What if I’ve already applied under the Skilled Migrant Category?

If you’ve already applied, the requirements that were in place on the date you made your application will continue to apply to you. You don’t need to meet the new point threshold and the new requirements for English language evidence do not apply to you.
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...anges/nzrp-smc