Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI selected candidates

Default EOI selected candidates

Hi All,

Is there anybody whose EOI was selected today(12/10/2016). Did you check the status ? My status says "submitted". Has your status changed?

If my EOI not selected how do I get to know? Do they mention my EOI status as declined if its not selected ?

Regards,
    Ragu

What's your total points when submitted ? if not selected the status wont be changed, it will be in the pool with the submitted status. Once selected it will change to selected.

Got selected October 12! 160 points no JO offshore. What's the expectation after?

Its ridiculous that the NZ immigration changed its policy JUST BEFORE THE POOL DAY. They would have mentioned few days earlier that they will change it to 160 from 12/10/2016

What is the plan for candidates who have submitted their application from 29/09/2016 to 10/10/2016? because NZ immigration published this news on 11/10/2016. They have taken 530NZD from candidates, did not give a proper response.

I agree, I submitted my EOI Oct 10 with 155 points then then news came out the next day - I literally cried!

I edited my submission to include more credentials to increase my points. A year of work experience was the difference for me to get to 160 - Crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by charmed View Post
    Got selected October 12! 160 points no JO offshore. What's the expectation after?
    Your EOI has been selected by machine, on the basis of the number of points you say you have.

Next, officials will look at all the EOIs selected this week, to make sure that IT LOOKS AS THOUGH, with the qualifications listed, those people really have the number of points to be selected. If not, they could be put back in the pool, or refused. If the officials think all is well, they will send you an ITA. (This can all take some weeks.)

You send back the ITA, with evidence of everything you said about yourself. Then your Case Officer (CO) will take all the time it needs to check out everything you have sent in. (This can take months.) The CO will send to you for more information any time s/he finds it necessary.

When the CO gets to the point that everything seems to be true, if you don't have a job offer, s/he will set up an interview. In the interview, s/he will be judging whether you seem to be the kind of person who is employable in NZ, and if you could fit into NZ society. (There are many old threads on the forum giving you Interview Questions.) As a result of this interview, the result is one of three things - Approved in Principle for Residence, or a Job Search visa (deferred Residence) which gives the person a nine months visa to find a skilled job in NZ, or refusal.

But before the applicant is told the result, the case is checked over by a different official - there can be quite a long delay till this is done, partly depending on which office is dealing with your case.

So you will not be sure of anything until the end of this process. You will be like everyone else - often thinking about INZ, and worrying, and hoping the time will pass quickly. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
    Its ridiculous that the NZ immigration changed its policy JUST BEFORE THE POOL DAY. They would have mentioned few days earlier that they will change it to 160 from 12/10/2016

What is the plan for candidates who have submitted their application from 29/09/2016 to 10/10/2016? because NZ immigration published this news on 11/10/2016. They have taken 530NZD from candidates, did not give a proper response.
    No announcement has been made about that. In your place, I would be lobbying the NZ government.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Your EOI has been selected by machine, on the basis of the number of points you say you have.

Next, officials will look at all the EOIs selected this week, to make sure that IT LOOKS AS THOUGH, with the qualifications listed, those people really have the number of points to be selected. If not, they could be put back in the pool, or refused. If the officials think all is well, they will send you an ITA. (This can all take some weeks.)

You send back the ITA, with evidence of everything you said about yourself. Then your Case Officer (CO) will take all the time it needs to check out everything you have sent in. (This can take months.) The CO will send to you for more information any time s/he finds it necessary.

When the CO gets to the point that everything seems to be true, if you don't have a job offer, s/he will set up an interview. In the interview, s/he will be judging whether you seem to be the kind of person who is employable in NZ, and if you could fit into NZ society. (There are many old threads on the forum giving you Interview Questions.) As a result of this interview, the result is one of three things - Approved in Principle for Residence, or a Job Search visa (deferred Residence) which gives the person a nine months visa to find a skilled job in NZ, or refusal.

But before the applicant is told the result, the case is checked over by a different official - there can be quite a long delay till this is done, partly depending on which office is dealing with your case.

So you will not be sure of anything until the end of this process. You will be like everyone else - often thinking about INZ, and worrying, and hoping the time will pass quickly. Good luck.
    Wow! This is such a big help. Thanks for writing all that, I'm just wondering if its worth looking for jobs right now when everything is still uncertain and appears that it will take a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No announcement has been made about that. In your place, I would be lobbying the NZ government.
    Is it possible that they return to the floor of 140 points at the beginning of next year?

It's highly unlikely. The decision was PROBABLY made to get the minister/party some advantage in the election in 2017, so it's not going to be changed any time before that has happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast