Thread: changing employer while residency in progress-need advice

Default changing employer while residency in progress-need advice

Hi Senior Members,

My residency application is in progress as tax accountant.

Recently I got an offer to work as an Acconts Administrator (task are same as general accountant as I will be doing everything from bank reconciliation to tax preparation and filing, reporting, budgeting,maintain accounting software etc). Also my salary is incresased by 15%.

Now what's next ?

Do I need to inform the case officer first about the change ? or apply for new work visa then inform the case officer?

Do I need to provide advertising ? (my new employer is happy to support my residency application)

Thanks for all your help so far

Regards

Can someone please answer the question.

Before you change your job, you must get a new work visa, or obtain a variation of conditions (as appropriate, depending on the exact circumstances). See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-changed/work under I have a work visa but my job details are changing and I have a work visa under Work to Residence - Accredited Employer You mustn't resign from your present job until you have been in touch with INZ and arranged things, because that would cause your present visa to lapse. With no valid visa in NZ, your Residence application under SMC could not continue to be processed. Also, someone in NZ but not covered by a valid visa does not have the right to apply for any NZ visa in the normal way, but would have to ask for the right to apply under Section 61, which does not HAVE to be granted.

As to the question about advertising, that is part of applying for a new Essential Skills visa, and will depend on your exact circumstances. Read everything on the INZ website, and talk to INZ.

You don't need to tell your CO until you have the new visa and new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tax Accountant View Post
    Hi Senior Members,

My residency application is in progress as tax accountant.

Recently I got an offer to work as an Acconts Administrator (task are same as general accountant as I will be doing everything from bank reconciliation to tax preparation and filing, reporting, budgeting,maintain accounting software etc). Also my salary is incresased by 15%.

Now what's next ?

Do I need to inform the case officer first about the change ? or apply for new work visa then inform the case officer?

Do I need to provide advertising ? (my new employer is happy to support my residency application)

Thanks for all your help so far

Regards

Hi so hows your case going so far? Any update?

Hi Wiseguy,

No update so far.