Thread: Ipenz

Question Ipenz

Hi Guys
    I need a help

I am an engineer and my master degree is on the list of exempt from assessment but bachelor is not
    To claim points for job experience and some bonus point, I need a letter from IPENZ.

I am just wondering that:
    1- To apply for IPENZ do I need to assess my master with NZQA first and then apply for IPENZ or
    2- I can apply directly with IPENZ and don't need any assessment with NZQA

If I need to apply with NZQA first, since my master is on the list do I still need assessment with NZQA?

Thanks for your helps

Nobody knows my answer?

Sorry, I somehow missed seeing this post the other day.

Your (exempt) master's will get you the basic 'qualification' points.

Unless your bachelor's degree is a listed Washington Accord degree, it will need to be assessed and shown to be NZ Level 7 or above, AND you need the IPENZ letter, for you to be able to claim bonus points. It is the bachelor's degree which has to be a match with what is listed in the box for LTSSL to earn you the bonus points, and having the master's degree does not remove that requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Sorry, I somehow missed seeing this post the other day.

Your (exempt) master's will get you the basic 'qualification' points.

Unless your bachelor's degree is a listed Washington Accord degree, it will need to be assessed and shown to be NZ Level 7 or above, AND you need the IPENZ letter, for you to be able to claim bonus points. It is the bachelor's degree which has to be a match with what is listed in the box for LTSSL to earn you the bonus points, and having the master's degree does not remove that requirement.
    Thank you so much for you help JandM

Actually I am confused. for bonus point I should meet following condition:

- A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional Engineer professional status in New Zealand

So I have to assess my qualification with NZQA first and then apply with IPENZ to get letter
    or
    since my master degree is on the list so I have at least level 7 and just I need to apply with IPENZ directly and fill KA02 to get letter?

Thanks for your help again

I'm not sure. When the LTSSL box is for another career, it usually says 'a bachelor's degree at Level 7 or above', and a master's will not count instead, but this is different. You had better ask INZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm not sure. When the LTSSL box is for another career, it usually says 'a bachelor's degree at Level 7 or above', and a master's will not count instead, but this is different. You had better ask INZ.
    Thanks again JandM for your answer

Hi guys, my occupation is QS here in NZ but my qualification is Civil Engineering, now waiting for ITA (new policy), do I still need an assessment from IPENZ even I'm not claiming for bonus points?

QS?

Quantity Surveyor