Thread: Assistance needed for SMC visa points calculation

Default Assistance needed for SMC visa points calculation

Dear Friends,

Need your inputs regarding calculation of points for SMC visa. I am using the points calculator in "https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/criteria/skilled-migrant-category-resident-visa?nationality=nationality-IND&country=residence-IND&applying=co"

I have an MBA and Engineering degree in computer science. Now in terms of calculating points -

1. Can I claim 60 points for my MBA (and)
    2. Use my computer science degree for claiming other points like -
    a) qualification in areas of absolute skill shortage
    b) work experience in IT industry hence having work experience in same area as recognized qualification.

Only by mixing and matching I am able to get the required 160 points. Otherwise falling short by 10 points if I decide to choose my engineering degree.
    Any inputs from you all is highly appreciated.

Thanks as always,
    K Richards

Yes, you can claim 60 points for your MBA as highest qualification.

Yes, you can claim points in the area of absolute skill shortage and Future identified growth area by your Computer science degree.

Make sure you take NZQA for your masters degree

Quote Originally Posted by abs100 View Post
    Yes, you can claim 60 points for your MBA as highest qualification.

Yes, you can claim points in the area of absolute skill shortage and Future identified growth area by your Computer science degree.

Make sure you take NZQA for your masters degree
    Thanks very much!

Notice, you can't claim for both area of absolute skill shortage AND identified future growth. AASS is for those with no skilled NZ job offer, and IFG is for those with a skilled NZ job offer.

I recommend looking here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm to see all the details of the regulations. The points calculator can be misleading at times, not able to cope with all the complexities of life at once!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Notice, you can't claim for both area of absolute skill shortage AND identified future growth. AASS is for those with no skilled NZ job offer, and IFG is for those with a skilled NZ job offer.

I recommend looking here http://onlineservices.immigration.go...anual/6954.htm to see all the details of the regulations. The points calculator can be misleading at times, not able to cope with all the complexities of life at once!
    Thanks very much Jand, Point taken. Luckily I was using only AASS for calculation and am able to get 160.