Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New English language requirement..

Post New English language requirement..

Hi INZ recently changed English language requirement and one of the new requirement is.

Evidence of citizenship in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA), and
    evidence of having spent at least five years working or studying in those countries, or in Australia or New Zealand.

Which means if i have spent 5 years in NZ on any visa then i don't need to give IELTS with 6.5 bands.

Thanks.

good question even am looking for same question s answer....

Quote Originally Posted by pret View Post
    good question even am looking for same question s answer....
    i know answer is NO you must have citizenship of mentioned countries. Then you can show 5 year living among nominated countries. But want to double check with experts.

The wording for that particular criterion here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...anges/nzrp-smc is
    citizenship of Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America provided the applicant has spent at least five years in work or education in one or more of those countries or Australia or New Zealand
    That makes it clear that citizenship of one of the named countries is not enough: one must also have spent five years working or studying there. (The point is that a person who has not studied or worked can have gained citizenship without having had to mix outside their own family and ethnic community, so citizenship on its own is no proof of ability in English.)

Hi all,

I was born in the UK and in my EOI I selected 'Otherwise meet standard requirements'.

Do I need to provide anything else or change the answer when I go in to re submit my EOI? If so, do I now need to show 5 years of studying and working there even though I was born and raised there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Regards,

L

If you've got normal UK school qualifications - GCSEs and A-Levels - then a UK university qualification, you would necessarily have done the 5 years. Similarly, your work experience is already documented, isn't it? (I don't know yet what INZ are going to ask for, because this is all so new. I can't imagine they are going to ask every citizen of the countries mentioned to show their school records, because it would be too time-consuming, so I EXPECT there is going to be a certain amount of deduction expected, but that's just my guess.)

Hi Jan,

Yes I have copies of all my qualifications here in NZ which I hope they expect, in regards to work experience though I only have my NZ work experience included in my EOI so not sure if that can be used. It seems a bit much that they need 5 years of evidence and as I have been living out of the Uk for over a number of years then it will prove tricky to get my work experience evidence from home.

I hope that they deduct some of the evidence required as it will add a considerable amount of time on to the processing time, I already have to wait until my qualification is assessed before I can re-submit to make up the number of points :-)

Hello there,

There is something I don't understand about English requirement. I do know at least 3 foreigners who got a work visa in Auckland these last 3 years and no one of them has had an IELTS. They took the exam and they got 5.0 which isn't enough for anything in NZ.

So my question is "Is English requirement a must have to work in NZ?"

I've heard that now FCE is available to show our English level, so we don't need IELTS at all. Is that right?
    If it's true, does it mean an FCE passed in 2014 would be enough?

This thread is talking about English language requirements for Residence under SMC.

INZ's requirements are different, depending on which visa someone is applying for. See here. http://kb.immigration.govt.nz/item/1179

See here http://kb.immigration.govt.nz/item/1179 for the announcement about changes in requirements. It will depend on exactly when in 2014 you took your FCE, and exactly when you put in your application, because http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/41495.htm a certificate put in as evidence must be no more than two years old.

Ok thanks.
    I'll open my own thread, 'cause in this case I don't know how it works exactly but these ways mean some people are easily able to cheat on Immigration

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast