Thread: Employment verification for smc resident visa

Default Employment verification for smc resident visa

After 11 months now i have contacted with immigration call center. And they reply me that employment verification is going on. Can anyone tell me what is employment verification? I also didnt get any interview. No response yet from visa officer.

11 months is a normal duration? And employment verification is a normal step for all applicants? What are the steps included in employment verification?

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    After 11 months now i have contacted with immigration call center. And they reply me that employment verification is going on. Can anyone tell me what is employment verification? I also didnt get any interview. No response yet from visa officer.

11 months is a normal duration? And employment verification is a normal step for all applicants? What are the steps included in employment verification?
    Employment verification means they will ask about ur position, job description etc from ur employer. They might even ask some from ur employer like the ird they pay for all employees. It is normal for all.

At the moment, it's not out of the ordinary for SMC applications to take around a year.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    At the moment, it's not out of the ordinary for SMC applications to take around a year.
    because of the change in the point system, i think there might be changes to processing time from now. less eoi selection means less burden on COs and faster processing.

I hope everything gets to normal and processing time reduces.

We shall see...

You can always hope!

Does anyone know how much EOI were selected for 12 october? previously fortnightly EOI selection were around 800-900. But if it decreases to 400-500, it might drastically change the processing time. Now a days its taking around 3-4 months to allocate CO, if 400-500 EOI selected then it might decrease the processing time to 2 months which is great for new applicants.

I Hope Immigration NZ dont decrease the number of CO working now .

Quote Originally Posted by adammallu View Post
    Does anyone know how much EOI were selected for 12 october? previously fortnightly EOI selection were around 800-900. But if it decreases to 400-500, it might drastically change the processing time. Now a days its taking around 3-4 months to allocate CO, if 400-500 EOI selected then it might decrease the processing time to 2 months which is great for new applicants.

I Hope Immigration NZ dont decrease the number of CO working now .
    Exactly, this is what I was thinking too. And the number of selection in the current EOI is about half then that of other time so could expect that the SMC processing could be faster shortly. But as many more applications are already under processing so I think it will still take time but after that I hope processing speed will be faster boom!

this is a huge difference . less than 500 eoi selected. this is what immigration nz wanted. hope this should speed up the process.