Thread: Visa transfer

Default Visa transfer

Hi,

I have a question about transferring visa label to a new passport.

The immigration website says: "If you have renewed your passport (because it has expired, was lost/stolen or your name has changed), you need to transfer your valid visa into your new passport before you use it to travel. "

So does that mean if I don't intend to travel I don't have to transfer my visa label to my new passport?

Quote Originally Posted by pinang View Post
    Hi,

I have a question about transferring visa label to a new passport.

The immigration website says: "If you have renewed your passport (because it has expired, was lost/stolen or your name has changed), you need to transfer your valid visa into your new passport before you use it to travel. "

So does that mean if I don't intend to travel I don't have to transfer my visa label to my new passport?
    If you're not intending to travel abroad, you do not need to transfer the label.
    Just bear in mind if a family emergency happens you then need to get an emergency passport and transfer of visa label.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymunky View Post
    If you're not intending to travel abroad, you do not need to transfer the label.
    Just bear in mind if a family emergency happens you then need to get an emergency passport and transfer of visa label.
    Thanks for the reply. It's only for few months time so hopefully there will be no emergency...