Thread: WTR Talent Accredited Employer

Default WTR Talent Accredited Employer

Hi,

I just have this question about the process for applying to residence visa. It says that you need to be employed by an Accredited employer for 2 years and then you can apply for residence, but do you have to hold a work visa in this same category? Or for example, if you have an open work visa and get a job from an accredited employer, and then after 2 years working there you apply for residence. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance and sorry if it is a silly question, I just did not find the exactly answer for that.

If you are working for an accredited employer while holding a Work To Residence visa, in that case, after two years, if you meet the conditions, you can apply for a Residence From Work visa.

If you are working for the accredited employer while holding an open visa, then, in order to get Residence, you would need to apply under another category, e.g. under Skilled Migrant Category, or, if your open visa is because of your partnership with a NZ resident or citizen, then under the Family category (but that second case is nothing to do with your job).

See the conditions for each of those visas on the INZ website.

Hello JandM,
    I have a similar question. If I already have an open work visa obtained through partnership and have recently received a job offer from an accedited employer, fulfilling the salary requirement, can I now apply for the WTR visa?

I also noticed that one the the requirement is that the offer has to be 'current'? Does that mean that if I were to apply for this visa I should apply once I received the offer? I am starting my job next week.

I am just exploring my options because it seems that there are many evidence needed for the partnership resident visa whereas the WTR visa seems pretty straightforward although it takes longer to get residency. But I am in no rush so I wouldnt mind.

Thank you in advance!

Is this the visa you're looking at? https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ZL&applying=no It looks as if the part about "current at the time you apply for your visa" means what you think.

Yes JandM thats the one. Talent (accedited employer) work visa. I was wondering if I should apply to that visa now that I've got the offer? Is it advisable? Would it affect anything? Eventhough my open work visa doesnt expire til next September.

You don't have to wait till your open visa expires in order to apply for the Talent (accredited employer) visa - you can do it straight away if you wish.

Your open visa will continue until it is 'overtaken' by the grant of a different visa. If there should turn out to be unforeseen circumstances that meant your T(AE) application was refused, the open visa would still continue to its stated date.

It's always your decision which route to go for. The Talent (accredited employer) visa depends only on your job (I mean, besides the health and character requirements there are for ANY visa), and Residence will be available at the end of two years working for that company, provided you meet the conditions of salary level, etc.. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...sa-application

The partner-sponsored residence visa will require you to keep collecting evidence of partnership consistently, till you have at least 12 months' worth, then more while your application is being processed.

Thank you JandM for always being here to answer our questions. That was very helpful! I have decided to go for the Talent (accredited employer) visa.

Have a great weekend!
    Esther

Hi! I am about to submit (online) my Accredited Employer Visa, gathering the documents now. Does my employee have to present any forms with Immigration? or is it that by being an Accredited Employer that is all already covered? HR already gave me my job offer, agreement, job description, etc.

Thanks!!
    Paula

See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...residence-visa under New Zealand job offer for what your employer needs to provide you with.

Thanks. All clear now, the employer only has to present forms if applying for any of these visas: If you are applying for an Essential Skills work visa, Post-study work visa (employer assisted), Silver Fern, Practical Experience visa, Work to Residence Long Term, Skill Shortage List visa or a Specific Purpose or Event work visa

Now, did anyone have to present written confirmation of work experience from previous employers for the Accredited Visa? Is there a format? I do have my references checked (my current and last employers both asked for them), does anybody know if that will be enough? I can asked them to provide me with a copy of those or I can also ask directly to my references.. I couldn't find any template or form on INZ Webpage.
    Thanks!

Paula