Thread: Wer my file is processing

Default Wer my file is processing

I submitted my ita in July and got confirmation letter from northern area branch since then till now I don't know wer is my file processing, no CO allocated yet , its nearly 3 months, thanks for help

When going through the application process, there is an awful lot of 'hurry up and wait'. All the INZ officials are dealing with many cases as well as your own, and delays can arise from factors affecting others of those cases.

Everything at INZ works by managed queues. When your ITA was received, it would join the end of the queue of other ITAs, according to the date order. Each Case Officer has a certain workload - a number of cases that are theirs to deal with (about 80 - 90 at the moment). The newly arrived ITAs have to wait till one of the COs has finished with some of their cases, and can take on some more. When an ITA is eventually assigned to a CO, it will again join the back of THAT queue for the CO's attention, as s/he takes the top file, does what s/he can actively do, puts that file to the back, works everything s/he can on that case, goes to the next, and so on.

Then your Case Officer (CO) will take all the time it needs to check out everything you have sent in. (This can take months.) The CO will send to you for more information any time s/he finds it necessary.

When the CO gets to the point that everything seems to be true, if you don't have a job offer, s/he will set up an interview. In the interview, s/he will be judging whether you seem to be the kind of person who is employable in NZ, and if you could fit into NZ society. (There are many old threads on the forum giving you Interview Questions.) As a result of this interview, the result is one of three things - Approved in Principle for Residence, or a Job Search visa (deferred Residence) which gives the person a nine months visa to find a skilled job in NZ, or refusal.

But before the applicant is told the result, the case is checked over by a different official (the second-person check) - there can be quite a long delay till this is done, partly depending on which office is dealing with your case.

So you will not be sure of anything until the end of this process. You will be like everyone else - often thinking about INZ, and worrying, and hoping the time will pass quickly. Good luck.

Hi jandm, thank u very much , but wer is the northern area branch is it good anyone submitted in that branch , my file is with job offer title is store manager, cheers

All INZ branches work to the same rules as one another. If one branch gets especially busy, files can get transferred to a different one where they are not so busy. Don't worry - your time will come.

I can only see online a mention of the Northern Region Documentation Branch, and that is at Manukau.

Thank you very much brother,