Thread: leaving familiy behind - but not like you think

Default leaving familiy behind - but not like you think

Hi everybody,
    this is about leaving family behind (but with a twist):

We both have the wish to raise our kids in NZ due to the often mentioned reasons – you know the deal. We are preparing ourselves for years now to make the move and 2017 is gonna be the year. However, in the same time things are getting worse and worse between us and our families. Many terrible things have happened. They don’t know about our plans and they are definitely going to find out last so don’t get the chance to interfere as much. I want to spare you the details but we actually reached a point where especially the safety of our kids is at stake – not kidding!
    This leads me to thinking that at some point we are might end up making rash decisions to get out of here and off to NZ. My fear is that we will flee from those guys head over heels because we cant take it anymore. For example: we were planning to at least spend one holiday in NZ to see how it is. However, that would delay our planned immigration by months. Also we set a specific amount of money we should`ve saved before immigrating. Again this amount becomes more “flexible” considering the fact that we want to get out of here ASAP.

So on the one hand we have risks like these that might break our necks when we want to start out in NZ. On the other hand we are feeling terrible here already.

So please let me know if you have any advice or share on your experience.
    Thanks a bunch!

I hope you feel better for having set this out on the screen.

I don't think what anyone else says is going to be as much to the purpose as your own gut feelings. You know your present situation in a way that nobody else can do. You parents probably have a list (in your minds, if not on paper) of pros and cons for "just do it". If you agree about all the points, when it happens that the "just do it" list is longer than the list against, that's when the moment has come.