Thread: Bachelor or Level 7 - Skill level 1

Default Bachelor or Level 7 - Skill level 1

Hi guys,

I just received my ITA but was looking at ANZSCO and got confused. My position is University Tutor, which is Skill Level 1 and on the website it says "commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification". I have a Level 7 Diploma gained in NZ and an overseas Bachelor`s Degree (that I didn`t verify with NZQA and is not in the list of exempt). What do you suggest? Should I go through the process of verifying my Bachelors or just use the Level 7 Diploma?

Thanks

You may be getting confused here. Do you have a current job offer as a University Tutor? is it full time ? (30 hours+ per week) and an ongoing contract? Did the university employ you because of your level 7 diploma?

Hi Chris,

thanks for you reply. I have been working in this position for the past 1.5 years. It is a full time and they offered me because of my Level 7 Diploma (I was a student and received the offer when I graduated). I just got confused because they mention Bachelor`s Degree.

Thanks

Then you can claim points for your job offer (so long as it substantially matches ANZSCO) and points for your qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Then you can claim points for your job offer (so long as it substantially matches ANZSCO) and points for your qualification.

What qualification? The Level 7 Diploma? In your opinion, there`s no need to use my overseas Bachelor (I don`t want to pay 700 unless I have to hahahah)?

Thanks for all the help.