Thread: Spouse Points claim

Default Spouse Points claim

I am the principal applicant my points are 125,

and my wife is an engineer and she got level 7 from NZQA assessment and I need partners qualification points i.e. 20.

Total points: 125 + 20 = 145

In my wife's report NZQA has mentioned for professional recognition, contact to concerned body that is IPENZ.

In order to claim points for partner, I don't think my wife needs to get registered with IPENZ as the requirement is only level 7. please clarify

No, whatever is her qualification Engineering/Business/Computer sciences if she gets to level 7 generic by NZQA she does not need IPENZ..
    IPENZ is only required for principal applicants who claim that the education is in the area of absolute skill shortage...
    Your wife just need to prove a bachelors degree and she did it by NZQA...Thats it! you will get 20 points ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by damicanee View Post
    I am the principal applicant my points are 125,

and my wife is an engineer and she got level 7 from NZQA assessment and I need partners qualification points i.e. 20.

Total points: 125 + 20 = 145

In my wife's report NZQA has mentioned for professional recognition, contact to the concerned body that is IPENZ.

In order to claim points for partner, I don't think my wife needs to get registered with IPENZ as the requirement is only level 7. please clarify
    Do you aware that the minimum points required for SMC to be auto selected = 160 and not 140 anymore?

I was given ITA in april, and lodged in july 2016