Thread: Partnership Resident Visa - Submit application a month before the 12 month period?

Default Partnership Resident Visa - Submit application a month before the 12 month period?

Hi all

For Partnership Resident Visa, can we submit our application before the 12 month period?

I heard the normal processing times for getting CO assigned could take more than a few weeks, so in an urgent situation where Residency is needed ASAP, can we submit the application a little bit early (e.g. 11 month of genuine & stable relationship)? By the time the CO receives my application we would have filled our 12 month period.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Some people have done this and got away with it, and others have had their application refused - !

Thanks for your response. Then i should submit the application after 12mth period to be safe from getting it refused!

It might also depend on when your medicals and police certificates expire? Whilst INZ cant decide the application unless there is evidence of clear evidence living together, its possible that the worst case scenario is that they simply refuse to accept it, if there isn't evidence of 12 months living together tat the time of lodgement. INZ have never been consistent on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Whilst INZ cant decide the application unless there is evidence of clear evidence living together, its possible that the worst case scenario is that they simply refuse to accept it, if there isn't evidence of 12 months living together tat the time of lodgement. INZ have never been consistent on that.
    Hi Chris,

My partner and I applied for her residence based on her partnership with me on September 20th and we started living together on the 1st of November 2015, so we lodged the application approximately 6 weeks shy of the 12 month requirement. Taking into consideration what you have just said about the possibility they may refuse to accept it is there a chance a CO can reject her application because we do not have evidence of living together for 12 months or more? or since the application has been lodged and documents returned to us does that mean we are safe from rejection?

I am assuming (and hoping) the when a CO is finally allocated it will be after the 1st of November and they will just ask for evidence from between the 20th September (lodgement date) and the current date at the time which will prove we have been living together for over 12 months. Would that likely be the way things go?

Thanks!

yes that's the way I've normally played it. The CO needs to look at what evidence they have of living together for 12 months at the time they are ready to decide the application. If its not there, they will ask for it, and also evidence that applicant and partner are currently living together.