Thread: SMC category residency

Default SMC category residency

Hi

I submitted my application for residency under skilled migrant category in August 10. Still waiting for CO ( Henderson area ). When I check online its still showing decision successful. I can't see any update about my application. What can i do?

hi subinpaily did you get any officer assigned. also is it showing on ur visa status check website that ur decision shows successful or approved?

Immigration's website states that the processing time for a Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa is six months. In my experience, it can take anywhere from 6-12 months. Most of that time is spent waiting in a queue for your application to be assigned to a case officer. It is not surprising that you have been waiting three months for a case officer, you could be waiting a few more. If you are concerned about how long you have been waiting, you can always give INZ a call to see if there's anything else that they need.

Hello All...

I have a question.. as of now I have got 140 points without including my overseas experience which is more than 6 years.. if I drop for my eoi this month will it be treated and have chances to be picked ? or shld I include overseas experience which makes 160 and then drop it? please suggest me on what to do... thank you

No EOIs are being selected any more which have fewer than 160 points.

Hi all

Thank you very much for your reply. When i check online, it shows successful, not approved.

Hi JandM can you please tell me the difference between successful and approved?

I think they put 'successful' about the EOI when it's been selected, checked, and the ITA has been issued. 'Approved in Principle' is for when the whole case has been processed and the applicant can go ahead and send in their passport for the visa label to be stuck in.

thank you JandM