Thread: do i need to apply for a work visa

Question do i need to apply for a work visa

hi people,

first post so please be kind.

me and my fiancé have applied for residence from work and that visa is expiring in 3 weeks.
    her principle applicant, me partner.

we have already lodged the residence application but haven't been assigned a case officer.
    one inz person on the phone said that we would both be granted interim visa's if a decision wasn't made but then another person said we have to apply for a work visa...........

which one is right??
    do we need to apply for work visa? if so which ones and what does the partner have to apply for?

thanks

Is your partner on a Work To Residence visa at the moment? And you on a partner-sponsored temporary work visa to match?

What is the expiry date on each of those visas?

yeah that's correct both expire on 12/11/16
    the residence was put in as a joint application if that makes a difference

So you need to apply for the same visas as you had before - WTR and partner-sponsored temporary. INZ can't issue interim visas when the visa being processed is Residence, only temporary ones.

that's annoying,

what would we do if all our documents are in with immigration at the moment?
    also the uk police checks that we have submitted with the residence expire in 2 days, can we use the ones that have already been submitted?

You'll have to fill in the forms and use a covering letter stating that your evidence is with your other application (giving all details), already lodged at (whatever) branch.

http://onlineservices.immigration.go...nual/41439.htm