Thread: Partnership Residence visa application

Default Partnership Residence visa application

Hi everyone, first post so go easy on me

So, my wife is a Nz citizen and we have been living together in the UK for 12 years now. We finally decided we would put the application in for our family to move over to NZ. Below is the timeline for our application:

4/8/16 Application received and payment taken
    31/8/16 Documents received back and confirmation we need to wait for IO
    26/9/16 IO assigned and email received stating " I have made an initial assessment of the application and all looks pretty good. We are just waiting on the medical certificates to be assessed by our health team in New Zealand, as well as a New Zealand Police Certificate for your wife. I will let you know once these things have been completed.

Haven't heard anything since and reluctant to contact them as don't want to annoy the IO. Just wondering on rough timeframes for a decision as we are getting really anxious now with the waiting.

There aren't any reliable rough time frames - sorry. It takes as long as it takes. You are bound to feel anxious - everybody always does - but with what has been said to you, it looks really positive.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There aren't any reliable rough time frames - sorry. It takes as long as it takes. You are bound to feel anxious - everybody always does - but with what has been said to you, it looks really positive.
    Thanks JandM, I just keep running things over in my head constantly and really want to contact the IO but like I said above don't want to put his back up because of chasing him up.
    The police certificate here in the UK only took just over a week so was hoping the NZ one would be similar but see that in the past there have been some horrible delays on their end.

Looks great, I'v been waiting for 6 months and still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsmith View Post
    Looks great, I'v been waiting for 6 months and still waiting.
    Hi Bob, are you also applying under the partnership category? What stage are you currently at?

Has anyone else got some rough timelines? Curious as to how long the police certificate in New Zealand is taking currently for everyone

In August the wait time was 35 working days from the Ministry of Justice. However that's for us lawyers - when it's just going between the MOJ and MBIE things might be different!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconfamily View Post
    Has anyone else got some rough timelines? Curious as to how long the police certificate in New Zealand is taking currently for everyone
    My most recent experiences have been that NZ Polce are taking between 6-8 weeks to respond to INZ requests for information.