Thread: New immigration policy- Need help

Default New immigration policy- Need help

Hi All,

I had submitted EOI 4 months ago for Skilled Migrant category. I got 125 points previously. Now, I got an email that the points have been increased to 160 to get shortlisted. What should I edit in my application? or should i just leave it like that. I feel 125 points is less out of 160. Kindly suggest.

Regards,
    Naresh

Your EOI will not be selected unless you have 160 points. it will be withdrawn from the pool if not selected within 6 months of submission.

Default Need Advise.

Is there a way for me to increase my points? I had some belief previously that my EOI may select with 125 points when it was 140 points, As the rule has changed to 160? Will my application still be considered? It's quite unfair because people had some hope when it was 125 out of 140, now it is 160 points. Any ideas or tips? How can I get 160 points, I got 125 points without any job offer. It's quite difficult to get a job from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by gani_498 View Post
    Is there a way for me to increase my points? I had some belief previously that my EOI may select with 125 points when it was 140 points, As the rule has changed to 160? Will my application still be considered? It's quite unfair because people had some hope when it was 125 out of 140, now it is 160 points. Any ideas or tips? How can I get 160 points, I got 125 points without any job offer. It's quite difficult to get a job from overseas.
    Who told you that 125 points had a chance of being selected? it always been 140 points + or 100 with a job offer. Now its 160+ points. Only realistic way is to have a job offer, and that's what the recent changes emphasise.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 22nd October 2016 at 09:59 AM.

In your case, whatever it's a old or new rules, you would not be selected if you are oversea under 140 without a job offer.
    Last edited by Wrightwoo; 22nd October 2016 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrightwoo View Post
    In your case, whatever it's a old or new rules, you would not be selected if you are oversea under 140 without a job offer.
    Now you are just confusing everyone. Previously you required 140 points (unless you had a job offer, in which case you only needed 100 points.) Now the absolute requirement is to have 160 points regardless of whether you have a job offer, or not..

I'm just want to make it clear that he/she won't be selected even in the old rule, so don't said it's unfair when the rules changed.