Thread: Partnership Evidence - Work Visa

Default Partnership Evidence - Work Visa

Hello Folks,

I recently arrived in Auckland from India on work visa (Talent Accredited employer). I want to apply for my wife's work visa who is currently in India and I am just stuck on the evidence proof requirement.

It would be great if I can get the questions answered so that I can expedite the application:

Here is what I dont have:

1. We got married recently in the month of May 2016 and have been living together in the same house which is on the name of my mother, however there is no rental agreement which says that we stay together in this house nor do we have any bills on the same address, though I have the bills on this address (i.e. just my name and not my wife's name since I am stayed for around 20 years). What should we do in this case? should we get a rental agreement stating that we have been staying since May 2016 ? or is there any other way to prove this.
    2. We dont have joint bank accounts, insurance,etc we have just a couple of transaction between our accounts over the last few years.

Here is what I have
    1. Marriage Certificate
    2. Marriage Album, Marriage Invitation card & Video CD
    3. Photos (Last 3 years)
    4. Evidence we worked in the same organization for 3 years and that is how we know each other
    5. Letters, gifts given to each other
    6. Support letters from friends and family
    7. Air Tickets & Hotel reservation e-tickets for Mauritius we went in the month of May 16 for our honeymoon
    8. Train Tickets & Hotel Reservation for the month of August 16 ,we went with our friends
    9. Train Tickets of month Jan 16 where we went with family
    10.Bus Tickets for the month of November 15 where we went alone
    11. Support letter (INZ 1146) from partner (which is me)
    12. Police Clearance Certificate of my wife
    13. Medical Clearance of my wife
    14. Detail document which outlines the history
    15. My work visa copy

Few more questions:
    1. Should the support letter be a statutory declaration?
    2. This may be a stupid question but All documents like, marriage certificate, albums, photos should this be certified?
    3. Should all the documents be certified by an authorized person or should we just simply send the documents to INZ?
    4. Since I am in Auckland do I post her the support letter document or it will be fine if I scan and email her ?

Appreciate your help
    Last edited by ravika; 19th October 2016 at 12:06 PM.

With what I have learned from this site and personal experience I would say you would be wasting your time and money going for the partnership work visa. The first thing they will see is that you are not living together now and that you have no real evidence of having lived together. Letters and statements can only account for so much.

If I were in your shoes i would submit a sponsor tourist visa and gather the 2 - 3 months living together evidence in New Zealand and have everything else to back that up once you have achieved that milestone then go in for the work visa.

Immigration is under a lot of scrutiny now and its things like this that give them more excuse's to knock back applications

Just my opinion btw

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Nurrish View Post
    With what I have learned from this site and personal experience I would say you would be wasting your time and money going for the partnership work visa. The first thing they will see is that you are not living together now and that you have no real evidence of having lived together. Letters and statements can only account for so much.
    It is just 2 weeks since I have arrived in Auckland and I was living in India prior to this so if I get rent receipts from my mother and a rental agreement for 3-4 months wouldn't that suffice?

Maybe apply for her visitor visa to meet partnership requirements (of living together of 12 months) and once you guys are living together here in NZ she might apply for an open work visa on the basis of relationship.

1. Should the support letter be a statutory declaration?
    2. This may be a stupid question but All documents like, marriage certificate, albums, photos should this be certified? - Not compulsory, but should have signs and phone numbers of people who are issuing it
    3. Should all the documents be certified by an authorized person or should we just simply send the documents to INZ? - It's best to get them certified, if in NZ get them attested by JP and if in India get them attested by notary republic.
    4. Since I am in Auckland do I post her the support letter document or it will be fine if I scan and email her ? - I would post/courier them, it generally takes 4-5 days to deliver them, so better send more documents and get application processed faster than send scanned documents and get slower response

So should I now apply for a general visitor visa or should I apply for a partnership based temporary visitor visa?

You have to decide for yourself. Most people here on ENZ are members of the public, and NZ immigration law does not permit us to give immigration advice (only allowed for LIAs and immigration lawyers).

Unlike Nurrish, I think you have some evidence which may count in your wife's favour. See here https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof for what other people have used (old threads), which may give you ideas for more. If you go ahead with the partner-based application, remember you will need to keep records of ALL your contacts with one another - phones, Skype, financial links, etc.. Keep it all through processing time.

Thank you very much JandM. I totally agree with what you say I apologize for asking, its just that I am not financially strong currently to hire an immigration lawyer so was thinking to apply by myself and this forum has been of great help so far.