Thread: Does IQA require to asses my qualification before IPENZ

Default Does IQA require to asses my qualification before IPENZ

Hello guys,

I am confused about the difference between IQA and IPENZ. Is it mandatory to be assessed by IQA first before I can submit my IPENZ assessment?

Many thanks,

It doesn't have to be done first, but needs to be done as well, if the listing in the LTSSL box for your career says that's what you need to get bonus points. The IQA will look at the content of your course, what was studied, to what depth, for how long, and that will enable NZQA to state what NZ Level your degree matches (and also any comparable NZ degree), whereas IPENZ assess your skills and pronounce on whether you meet the requirements for being registered as an engineer in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It doesn't have to be done first, but needs to be done as well, if the listing in the LTSSL box for your career says that's what you need to get bonus points. The IQA will look at the content of your course, what was studied, to what depth, for how long, and that will enable NZQA to state what NZ Level your degree matches (and also any comparable NZ degree), whereas IPENZ assess your skills and pronounce on whether you meet the requirements for being registered as an engineer in NZ.
    So that is how it works. Thank you JandM, you are such a big help as always.