Thread: EOI- Bonus Points

Default EOI- Bonus Points

Hi, with regards to the EOI point system. Under the skilled employment- Bonus Point for employment section, I qualify for 1. An identified future growth area and 2. An area of absolute skills shortage. Can I claim 20 bonus points for both areas or is it an either not both?

Hi Megatron,

Yes you can claim points for both but with regards to 'area of absolute skills shortage', your qualification and relevant experience also needs to perfectly match the requirements provided by INZ here to get those points.

For example my job as a web developer requires a Bachelor in IT(Level 7) AND 3 years work experience according to the LTSSL. I have a Graduate Diploma in IT(Level 7) which isn't accepted and I cannot claim those points.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you're wrong - you can't claim BOTH lots of bonus points. If you match the requirements, you get the bonus points for qualification and work experience under Area of Absolute Skill Shortage if you don't have a skilled job or job offer in New Zealand. If you have a NZ job or job offer, you can claim for Area of Identified Future Growth.

Default EOI Bonus Points SM8.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No, you're wrong - you can't claim BOTH lots of bonus points. If you match the requirements, you get the bonus points for qualification and work experience under Area of Absolute Skill Shortage if you don't have a skilled job or job offer in New Zealand. If you have a NZ job or job offer, you can claim for Area of Identified Future Growth.
    Is it means without Job (or Job offer) in New Zealand one can't claim bonus points SM8.20 Employment in an area of absolute skills shortage

That's correct. All of SM8 is about points for a skilled NZ job, or the offer of one.