Thread: Silver Fern 2016 -2017

Default Silver Fern 2016 -2017

Hi,

I am actively preparing for the upcoming silver fern visa application. I was wondering if people with prior experience can post any helpful information/tips for success ?

Thanks!

Hi,
    I am also looking for Silver Fern experience. Highly appriciated if someone can share their journey, especially when filling up the form.Thanks in advance!

Look at this page https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria and hit the button for SHOW ALL EVIDENCE, then you'll see exactly what you're going to need to provide. The requirements for filling in the form are similar to the EOI for a Skilled Migrant application.

When applications open, the 300 places are GONE, in a matter of minutes, literally, with thousands of people all round the world all trying to get their information entered so as to press submit as fast as possible. From what people have said in previous years, you need to have your details organized around you really efficiently so you can immediately see e.g. dates, or reference numbers. Another tip was to have all the information typed into another screen on your computer, so you can cut and paste the answer to each question as much as possible. I'm sure you're right to have prepared ahead of time as much as possible - I remember the sad tale shared on here of two people applying in the same room, hoping to go on the NZ adventure together, and one got a Silver Fern place, whereas the other, who had to get up and grab his passport from another table to enter the number, missed out, so the split seconds made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Look at this page https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria and hit the button for SHOW ALL EVIDENCE, then you'll see exactly what you're going to need to provide. The requirements for filling in the form are similar to the EOI for a Skilled Migrant application.

When applications open, the 300 places are GONE, in a matter of minutes, literally, with thousands of people all round the world all trying to get their information entered so as to press submit as fast as possible. From what people have said in previous years, you need to have your details organized around you really efficiently so you can immediately see e.g. dates, or reference numbers. Another tip was to have all the information typed into another screen on your computer, so you can cut and paste the answer to each question as much as possible. I'm sure you're right to have prepared ahead of time as much as possible - I remember the sad tale shared on here of two people applying in the same room, hoping to go on the NZ adventure together, and one got a Silver Fern place, whereas the other, who had to get up and grab his passport from another table to enter the number, missed out, so the split seconds made the difference.
    Hi JandM,
    Thank you so much for sharing. I just want to make sure all required information is prepared ahead and no surprise on that day.
    Hope you are enjoying in NZ.